Thread: HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC4244 not burning DVDs

HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC4244 not burning DVDs

i am using Dell Inspiron 600m. I burned some pictures many times on the CD-R but for the first time when i tried to burn some of the videos on DVD, I keep getting "Cannot find a driver" message.hl-dt-st cdrw/dvd gcc4244 is the name of the drive under device manager. After talking to dell, i got that the conclusion was tfsnifs.sys case of sonic driver. Also Device manager says: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Please help. What to do now ?

Re: HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC4244 not burning DVDs

The optical drive never requires a driver when exhausted in any Windows os from Win95. Windows XP provides native support that allows this drive to a data or music disk and to read a disc to burn CD-R. No support for playing dvd disks or for burning DVD or CD-RW discs. For those tasks, compatible third. party recording & dvd decoder using the software. Or it might be the cause of CD lens. It may be dead.You can try running the Dell diagnostics from the F12 distribution with a given disk in the drive if you want to make sure before you replace.

i think your burner can't burn DVDR's.If its a CD-RW/DVD than its a cd burner but just a dvd player. It will not burn DVD's. If your problem is non-detection, than go through this:-

Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type regedit, and then O.K. In the navigation pane, choose the location and click next registratiesubkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Class \ of Control \ of the SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ (4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318) In the right pane, click UpperFilters. On the Edit menu, click Delete.When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.In the right pane, click LowerFilters.On the Edit menu, click Delete.When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.Exit Registry Editor.Restart the computer.Hope this will work for you !!

You may have to reinstall some programs. Some programs would not be able to use your drive to CD or DVD until you re-install programs. If the problem occurs again when you install programs or uninstall those programs, contact the program manufacturer to see if an update is available that solves the problem.