Thread: LG GDR-8164B DVD-ROM Drive not being detected

LG GDR-8164B DVD-ROM Drive not being detected

Recently i had bought a new LG GDR-8164B DVD-ROM Drive. I had inserted the new dvd rom and then inserted a dvd disc, in order to check out whether it functions properly or not. But after inserting dvd disc it was failed to read the dvd didc and i was unable to play the dvd disc on my system. I don't know what's wrong with my new LG dvd rom. So, can please any body tell me why i'm having such problem on my system? Why does my new LG GDR-8164B DVD-ROM Drive fails to read dvd disc on my system? Kindly help me out to get rid of the above issue.

Re: LG GDR-8164B DVD-ROM Drive not being detected

In order to get rid of the above issue, you need to go to Device Manager and try to uninstall anything under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" then need to reboot your system. Then try to point out the Installation Wizard to C:\Windows\System32 or C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and check out whether your problem is resolve or not.

Check out whether you have installed the drivers properly or not on your system. Also check out whether the cables are properly inserted or not. Even try to check out whether you don't have any type of lose connection inside you system.

Try to uninstall the other IDE driver and need to use only the Microsoft IDE driver included in the operating system. This will almost resolve your issue as the other drivers are of buggy type for any optical drives. The easiest way for doing this is to go to install/uninstall programs in the control panel. Then you need to find out the other drivers such as nvidia driver package, but you need to choose ONLY uninstall the IDE drivers under the uninstall procedure and don't uninstall the other drivers as they are needed for good graphics performance etc, you need to uninstall the IDE drivers.