Thread: CD Rom drive won't open

CD Rom drive won't open

I was trying upgrade my computer with windows xp disk, after completing half of the installation i noticed that some files on the disk was corrupted so i stop the upgrade procedure and restart the PC but when try to eject the disk it won't. Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: CD Rom drive won't open

First off make sure that your internal power source is tightly pluged / pushed into the back of the drive. Have you tried to open CD Rom drive by pressing small button below cd rom drive or Use a thin piece of wire like a straightened paperclip insert it in the little hole on the front of CDROM and push gently until tray starts to open.

Another thing you may want to try is open the my computer icon and right click on the drive letter that wont open.. you should see an eject option. Once you get the tray open and have salvaged your CD, close it and check in Device Manager for yellow exclamation points by the CD-ROM listing. If CD Rom drive is not opening then make sure driver for drive is not deleted or corrupted , but that probably wouldn't explain the nonfunctioning tray. Also, check in the bios to see if it's listed.

If CD Rom drive won't open then it may be possible that your are not receiving any power.Did the CD drive ever work? If not, it might be a problem with the cabling. A green light in front panel always indicate constantly on often indicates the IDE cable is plugged in backwards check that connection if there is any problem then try to replace it with another cable.

casper0191 Guest

have you tried to do the Pin manual open?

dude may be you can open the cpu case with an screw driver
    and probe what is making the drive to cease the operation may be you can apply some sort of liquid..now try
    always remember try this if fails to open by inserting the pin

casper0191 Guest

Well any updates about the problem?