Thread: Print on a Dark Paper

Print on a Dark Paper

Hi,
    I am working on a project where I need make some charts on a dark paper other than white color. I having a Inkjet printer. The papers are of A4 size. But the problem is here that when I inserted the paper in the printer the color reflection was not as much good what I had expected. I tried some light color but things not really works here. Can anyone suggest me something about how to print on a dark paper.

Re: Print on a Dark Paper

I don't think that Inkjet printers are enough capable to give you a proper print on dark paper. Basically a maximum numbers of printer are designed to print matter on while page. What you can do is contact any printer vendor and ask them about any particular ink which can reflect properly on dark paper. Like if you use the normal cartridge the yellow color while be reflected dull. Color really matters because it reflects the impression of printed matter.

Printing on dark matter normally means giving a shiny look like silver or golden color. Here you have a challenge of dot gain and paper' hue. The printing is basically depends on the color and quality of paper. If the paper is dark and thick then the printing will be more dull and light. But on the contrary printing on thin light color paper will give you more vibrant effect. The ink selection is also a major part. I will recommend you to adjust the print properties. Try print by giving more contrast.

The best option for you is that you can manage to get inks for your printer. The normal color cartridge is an general printing solution. It will not give desired results. Well there are special color cartridges available which supports multiple color print like to print a invitation letter, menu, greeting cards etc. I am not sure about your printer. You get a ample of information from the internet. Other wise try some light color paper to get a print. Because in the printer properties we hardly has option to get a darker or lighter print. Plus you cannot also adjust the color properties also. It will give you print on the base of default settings which the printer includes in it.