Thread: High cpu usage

High cpu usage

recently i noticed that my cpu usage is very high when i start my computer it even touching 100%,is that normal what does that mean and how can i reduce that???any suggestions??

Re: High cpu usage

Well, when you start it up it's going to be 100% usage because it's loading all of your computer services.will cease after a few minutes; if it doesn't it means you have a bad program running that's sucking up all your system resources.you can look,adjust them start-up programs and services accordingly.
    Don't run software like Limewire or BearShare as they often leech system resources and allow for malicious code to be executed on your computer.
    def ragging your disc will help speed up your computer by arranging data to flow more smoothly so try that as well.you may also disable transparency effects and transitions to help boost performance. If using Windows Vista make use of the ReadyBoost feature to help take system load off internal parts and check your device manager to make sure you do not have any conflicting devices.

Go to RUN and then in the box type msconfig which will bring up the system configuration utility.
    locate startup, and remove all applications that you don't need to load while start up this will improve your start up performance

The best way to find out what is causing the slow check your task manager.
    Right click on the task bar, and click Task Manager.
    Since you say you have no applications running, it must be a process.
    Click on Processes, then click on the CPU column header twice. This will sort all the running processes by CPU utilization.Now you should be able to see what process is using up all of your CPU. You can then evaluate the performance