Thread: Onkyo Sr 706 gives no sound and picture

Onkyo Sr 706 gives no sound and picture

I had installed Onkyo Sr 706 at my home. It had connected 4 big size speakers in the front and 2 at the corner of my home. Sometime when I play movies there is no sound. Any how if sound comes only in the center speaker and the surround speaker don't work. In the sound I heard noise. It is not as cleared as it was. And in some DVD's it display the video by the sound is not there. The subwoofers are also quiet. Now I was trying to figure out what happened a new problem arises. My pictures is gone. If there is displays then it is distorted. The TV screen switch on very slowly. I think when I checked the cable of speaker I messed out the picture also. Please help me with proper suggestion to resolve this issue.

Re: Onkyo Sr 706 gives no sound and picture

I will give you some simple solution to bring your sound back. I had normally dealed with this kind of issue before also. First look weather you had inserted any headpone. If there is no sound make sure that you had plugged proper pins of speaker in the proper inputs. If it is proper then remove them and place the back tightly. Check all the cable of your speaker going to the device. Now in the back side of amplifier check out the wires of speaker. The wires are not inter-connected with each other. In the setting if Mono listening mode is selected then only front speaker will produce sound. Making some small changes in the setting can bring your sound back. Observe everything carefully.

I think there is some problem related to configuration of speaker setting. Before that check each and every cables coming to and fro to the speakers. If there is no issues with the cable then definitely you had messed with settings. Like if there no sound in some movies, it is due to the signal format. With only some specific movies you will need to select signal format manually. You had mentioned that there is noise in your sound. That means you had bundled your audio cable with other cables. As audio cable catch frequency because of that you hear a bad quality sound. Reposition your cable separately.

If you are not receiving any picture on you TV then it means that there is some problem with cables. First disconnect all video cables and place then back. If your TV is connected to an HDMI OUT then select HDMI Input Setup in the settings. For the display problem go to TV Format setup. Change the appropriate setting. I believe that you had not properly configured you TV or someone had played with the settings. I am attaching a manual for your onkyo amplifier. Refer it give an complete information on troubleshooting any issue with the device. For further reference go to Onkyo User Guide website.