Thread: On Screen Volume Meter seems to be missing on Windows Vista

On Screen Volume Meter seems to be missing on Windows Vista

I'm having a Compaq Presario laptop on which i had installed Windows Vista. The problem is that i can not see the volume meter appearing on my desktop screen where i was able to increase, decrease or mute the volume option. Can any body tell me that how do i get rid of the above issue? Does any body have any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: On Screen Volume Meter seems to be missing on Windows Vista

The on-screen volume meter is not a function of your Windows Vista, it's a function of the software that only supports the audio system on your machine. It should check out with your Gateway as to whether or not it does. If it did not appear with a clean install of Gateway's recovery media (return to factory state), then I suspect it never existed on your system.

In order to make it appear again on your system, you need to go to your Control Pannel--> Sounds and audio devices--> then select Place volume icon on the taskbar. It will help you out to get back the volume meter on your laptop.

Open up your control panel (category view) and then click on sounds&speech, and audio devices, and then on the volume tab, check place volume icon in the taskbar. Then on the battery icon open up the control panel (category view), click "performance and maintenance", then click on the "power options", and on the advanced tab, check mark "always show icon on the taskbar" option.

If the checkboxes are already set properly but not displayed, then it may be probably hidden one. In order to restore them, right-click the task bar, choose "properties", and on the taskbar tab click (customize) and set the behavior to always show for those items on your laptop.