Thread: Need a Wifi Card for Windows XP x64

Need a Wifi Card for Windows XP x64

I had bought a net gear usb adapter for wireless internet connection. But I finding it very to difficult to use it. I have hp notebook with windows xp x64 bit operating system running on it. After checking out specification I saw that the netgear adapter does not support the x64 bit version. I tried to look out for drivers on the net but still not result. So, can anyone tell which wireless internet card would be more compatible with windows xp x64 bit version.

Re: Need a Wifi Card for Windows XP x64

I am using Super G 802.1BG wireless pci card. I too have window xp x64 os in my system. But the internet works great. It is manufacturer by MSI co. It is an internal pci card. The WLAN standard of this card is IEEE 802.11b. The operating frequency is 2.4GHz. It supports Ms Win 2000, Win 98, Win ME, Win XP 64 bit version.

I recommend to use Linksys WMP54g wireless G PCI Adapter. It is an internal pci type card. It works very easily with the windows 64 bit version. It works for vista x64 also. It provides a wireless speed in an network around 54 mbps. It is also very easy to connect and configure it with any wireless process. It works wonderfully. It gives you excellent signal strength. It highly acclaimed by the users. the cost of this product is around $50 approx. It available online in cheaper rates also.

I think there is an issue with the driver. Search for netgear drivers for windows 64 bit specifically. You will definitely get the solution. Or either you contact the netgear support center and sort the issue out. If not then there is also a different solution. The alltell telecom company is providing several solutions for wireless internet. I have taken a 2year wireless broadband scheme form alltell and they have given me a wireless Huawei EC168 USB modem free. It in small portable device which is also a card reader. The internet speed is also great. I regularly use it and never had issue.