Thread: Primary hard disk self test #1 - 07 fail

Primary hard disk self test #1 - 07 fail

Hi,

I have Hp laptop with windows xp operating system, it was working till yesterday , but today it hasn't been able to start up. when i turn on , it boots up fine, it freezes at desktop with a blank black screen. I went into the setup utility and ran a Primary Hard Disk Self Test and and it says #1- 07 Fail. I have no idea what that means nor how to fix it. Can anyone help ?

Re: Primary hard disk self test #1 - 07 fail

If you have used recovery cd to repair and got nowhere. then there is one way on board HD test option, which is in the bios it will help you to find out the brand of drive which is in the system and download the manufacturer's drive diagnostic tools.

self test #1 - 07 fail , the first code indicates that the device connected to channel 1 has failed. Sometimes if the Hard drive is not installed properly things like this happen. Take it out and make sure it is connected properly and seated in the laptop correctly. For more info: see here http://search.hp.com/

I got the same problem when 80% test was done i got this msg after that i checked the physical connection of the hard drive it was ok . and then i again tried to do the test but at first i got "no ise device" and after that i press enter again results the test starts but this time it remains 00% ...
    the memory test pass...
    my laptop is hp g60 amd turion dual core hitachi hard drive 320 gb ....window 7
    PLease help me out...

Well there is nothing much that you can do here the best option is to replace the hard disk and then try reinstalling the operating system again to the system so that's a better option for you in this circumstances so do have a look at the suggestion that i have given here and also one more thing that i would like to give you is that if nothing works out then better show it to the hp service center probably they will sort out the issue for you.

What worked for me, simpy this command on C: and D: partitions, run on ubuntu live cd:

sudo ntfsfix /dev/<device name>

Didnt try /checkdsk or any other from Windows console, as Ubuntu Live CD was first what i found