Thread: HP LaserJet P1006 Printer Troubleshooting

HP LaserJet P1006 Printer Troubleshooting

I have a HP LaserJet P1006 printer with me. While printing some photos, the first few came just fine. Then the photos started coming out as black and white. I didn't touched or changed any settings. The ink cartridges are full. I have tried replacing both cartridges, but it still doesn't work. When I print an alignment page it prints fine and the printer aligns itself, but still no color. Do anyone have any idea why it is happening so?

Re: HP LaserJet P1006 Printer Troubleshooting

If you are facing some issues with printing quality or color, then shake the toner cartridge to ensure an equal distribution of powder. If that doesn't work, clean the transfer corona assembly. Contamination on the assembly will prevent it from holding the electrical charge needed to attract toner from the drum.

However a repetitive pattern of printing defects, such as an identical smudge every 2 inches may indicate a defective fusing roller. Try cleaning it according to your hardware vendor's instructions. If that does not work, you may need to replace the fusing roller assembly.

You may be getting a faded or black and white print out due to many reason like the printer is getting low on toner, the print density is set to low, or Economode printing is turned on. If the printer's Economode is on, then you will get dull print out like what you are getting. So better you turn it off and/or set the print density higher.

This can happen if the printer cartridge is nearing to end of life, the media does not meet Hewlett-Packard's media specifications; or if the print density adjustment is too light or EconoMode is turned on.

Try some of this suggestions listed below:
    • Install a new HP print cartridge.
    • Verify that the media meets Hewlett-Packard's media specifications.
    • If the whole page is light, adjust the print density, and disable EconoMode in the printer Properties.