Thread: Error code 10 while installing Logitech Microphone

Error code 10 while installing Logitech Microphone

Hi,

I have a Logitech QuickCam Messenger webcam with integrated microphone on my new laptop that came with Vista, to install.

The camera also works in advance. The microphone is not a problem. In the Device Manager, the Logitech Microphone (Messenger) is displayed. The latest driver is allegedly also installed. Nevertheless, in the Device Manager displays a yellow triangle and under Device Status (Properties) says:

The device can not start. (Code 10)

Click to troubleshoot ....

Can someone help me? When I click on "Troubleshooting" button, I can not continue forever because the while looking, but found nothing.

Re: Error code 10 while installing Logitech Microphone

Hi,

Now if the laptop has a built in microphone, so turn it off.
    Since neither you nor the manufacturer of your laptop type've called it "somewhat" difficult to help you.

Hello,

laptop: this is visible to an ASUS (Pro55Sseries). Installed Vista Premium. I just do not know what more information could be helpful. Maybe you can tell me specific details about what would be interesting?

The built-in laptop microphone is called "Realtek High Definition Audio". I just see that this seemingly as double role and as an audio device and microphone - in other words for input and output is usable. If I now disable in Device Manager, I have the additional problem that the laptop no sound (in sound menu, I can however manually only as a host device to disable). Apart from this, is my Logitech microphone in the Sound menu, "but not at, so I use this as a recording device may not activate.

I hope that is ever more information.

Hi,

To fix go to device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver to start the Hardware Update Wizard. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

It may prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.