Thread: Unable to change bios settings

Unable to change bios settings

hi,
    after upgrading my computer (1gb ram to 2gb) the bios setting not working.i can get into the bios it also allow me to enter in to the section but it will not allow to change any settings.I have to open the case and remove the jumper to reset the BIOS to the default settings.Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Unable to change bios settings

hi,
    Most of the new bios's can be replaced even if dead. See the manual that came with the motherboard.

Usually.....
    When in the bios page, use arrows to highlight the option to change...then use page up or page down to change the option. Escape will back you out. F10 to save changes.

• Restart your computer. Go to "Start," "Turn Off Computer" and "Restart."
    • Press the correct key to enter your BIOS before the Windows loading screen appears. This key will vary depending on your computer manufacturer and BIOS. Most systems use "Esc," "Del," "F2" or "F1." The key will be displayed briefly when you boot or you can check your computer manual. If pressing one of those keys takes you to a boot order screen, choose "Setup" to continue to your BIOS settings.
    • Use your arrow and function keys to navigate the tabs and to change settings. Each BIOS will have specific instructions at the bottom and right of the screen.
    • Understand the different settings under each tab. Main changes the system date and time. This is different than the time listed in your notification tray. Security sets, clears or changes system passwords. These passwords can restrict who has access to the BIOS settings. Advanced changes your boot order and reserved video memory. Tools performs a diagnostic hard drive test.
    • Press "F9" if you want to restore your BIOS to default settings.

Did you unplug the AC power then clear CMOS? Do so if not.Did you unplug the suspect drive from the data and power