Thread: Mouse randomly clicks on your own

Mouse randomly clicks on your own

Hi All!

I a having a Logitech Mouse & its just two months old. It is under warranty but don't want to go to the shop as they will take a lot of time for its solution. If possible i want to solve the problem by own.

The problem with my mouse is it click automatically for some while & then stops. It repeats with frequent timing.

I tried formatting my computer & checking for malwares & viruses but didn't help anything.

Please Help...!

Re: Mouse randomly clicks on your own

It might be you using Alt or Ctrl which could take focus away from the Window.

If you can disable the touch pad, and use only the usb mouse, you may be able to find out if it is a hardware or software problem.

OR

Try someone else mouse to check weather it is hardware or software problem.

The problems you're experiencing could be due to a few things, from an outside intruder to a hardware fault (overheating can cause such "flaky" symptoms). To eliminate the possibility of interference from an outside intruder, physically disconnect the computer from the network and see if the problems persist; also see if you can determine if a particular program or procedure is associated with the abnormal behavior.

Actually this is quit common, a lot of poeple don't know that when you tap the pad, you are clicking, to aviod from clicking accidentally, make longer and or slower movements on your mouse. Don't make short fast strokes, if its too fast the mouse pad can get confused and think you are trying to click, if you go to control panel in the start menu and in the control panel you click printers and other hardware, or some thing about a mouse there are settings there to make your mouse more or less sensitive, or change the way you want the clicking to work.

Mouse is slow or erratic

1. Clean the mouse.
    2. Check that mouse surface or mouse pad is clean and flat.
    3. Restart the computer.
    4. Change the mouse tracking speed
    5. In Windows, Start > Settings > Control Panel > Mouse > Motion.
    6. In Macs, Apple Menu > Control Panel > Mouse.

Optical mice

Some Macintosh optical mice (where the whole mouse is the button) will occasionally become stuck in the down position when they are new. Gently tapping the mouse will pop it back up.

If an optical mouse is jumping around the screen, have the user remove the mouse pad and attempt to use the mouse. Sometimes the colors affect the performance of the optical mice.