Thread: Turn your PC into PVR

Turn your PC into PVR

hi,
    i have TV tuner card installed on my computer,i want to know how can i use my computer as Personal Video Recorder (PVR).Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Turn your PC into PVR

PC PVRs let you easily browse and choose which TV shows to record on your PC's hard drive using an on-screen program guide. Also, they can pause a live show when you get interrupted and can then continue from where you stopped watching. PC PVRs can create transcripts from closed-captioning, or watch for certain phrases in the captioning and automatically start a recording. That's just the beginning. If you have a CD-RW drive or a recordable-DVD drive, you can even create your own classic TV show collection. You can also play back shows you've digitized and record them on a standard VCR.

The PCTV HD Pro Stick from Pinnacle Systems is the perfect solution for someone looking for such a device. It allows you to pause, timeshift and even automatically record all of your favorite shows in HD and SD with no service fees. The included hardware also comes with full HD digital cable support. The PCTV HD Pro Stick includes an analog video capture cable for any analog source. When you are done capturing your video, you can use Pinnacle VideoSpin to edit your capture.

Freeview PVRs, or Personal Video Recorders, have become increasingly popular. If you have a copy of TV tuner to your PC then click Start, All Programs and Windows Media Center. Follow the setup wizard and you'll be able to turn your PC into a way to watch, pause and record TV.