Thread: Input/Suggestions requested about cyber/game cafe

Input/Suggestions requested about cyber/game cafe

Hi,

This question was answered several time in this forum however I have a mix of questions I would like to get your input on this. Please share your suggestion/input.

I would be seting up Cyber Cafe that includes Gaming Zone in Bangalore that's (similar to Reliance Web World) with spacious workspace, good interiors, etc... setup. my questions are:

1. Since it's a new setup, should I go for branded systems or should I get the system built for both Browsing systems and Gaming systems? (just want to save cost on the invisible systems except LCD monitors where it gives a good looking setup view)
    2. Is it mandatory to have Windows Xp software licensed to all the machines (Includes gaming and browsing)?
    3. What is the best OS for Gaming system that last for atleast 4 years?
    4. Can I have One original games installed in a server with TB disk and have it access from multiple gaming systems via LAN without performance degration? The reason I'm asking this question is, y'day I was at reliance web world checking the gaming experience and found that too much time consuming while accessing games over network?
    5. I will be having 10 systems exclusively for browsing and 10 systems for Gaming with internet and lan connected along with one server, what's the kind of network bandwidth and package to be considered from BSNL (considering at any point in time only 6 systems in each category will be occupied for not more than 6 hours a day).
    6. Also looking for best system configuration and software recommendations for Browsing (~30K) and Gaming systems (~50K). (while doing customize DELL desktop, I found that just Browsing system coming to around rs.45K which I feel is too high)
    Thanks

Re: Input/Suggestions requested about cyber/game cafe

1. According to me you should go for assembled PC because branded PC would be costly as well as other people won't take care as your own people will take.
    2. yes it is always recommended to have licensed copy of any Windows version.
    3. Windows XP will be suggested for Gaming system.
    4. Yes.It will do as u have mentioned but make sure the server for the game you will create should have Good configuration,and clients should have supporting configuration.
    5. For that you will have to check the BSNL local price list for the same.each system should have at least 256Kbps browsing speed, don't consider about the downloading speed you get out of it.
    6. 30K to 37K would be appropriate for browsing as well as Medium level of Gaming PC.

Regards,

1. I think you should go with assembled PC for Browsing systems and Gaming systems . ( You should go with CRT Monitors if you want to save some money )
    2. Yes , needed !
    3. Windows XP : Is the best ,, user friendly , easy OS .
    Yes.It will do as u have mentioned but make sure the server for the game you will create should have Good configuration,and clients should have supporting configuration.
    5. Here is the offical site for BSNL http://www.bangaloretelecom.com/, you should go with at least 256Kbps ,, it will be enough .
    6. 25k to 30k an average gaming pc (without LCD ).. for browsing it will be 20k to 30k ,, and if you go with a dealer i think you will get much more cheaper .

Since you are setting up a cyber cafe, I would strongly recommend you to take Windows operating system because most of the users say.. around 85% of the users use Windows as their OS worldwide.

As far as OS for Gaming Syatem is concerned, install Microsoft Windows XP PRO 32 bit. This is the best processor that performs very well for major gaming systems .