Thread: SuperTalent 2 Terabyte PCIe RAID SSD

SuperTalent 2 Terabyte PCIe RAID SSD

Super Talent launches finally a range of SSD drives really ambitious this time in terms of performance. The manufacturer now its RAIDDrive, a DSS on PCI-Express interface to plug into a PCIe 8x. Evdemment, the features are impressive for this type of product: 1 TB of capacity on flash memory MLC or SLC, with the DRAM as a cache, and even a battery to maintain the security of data traveling through the DRAM buffer in case of power outage.

These RAIDDrive reach impressive speeds of 1.2 GB / s read and 1.3 GB / s write, according to Super Talent. We will have more details on their performance in June (including IOPS), but we already know that we can combine several of these RAIDDrive PCIe in RAID-5. Several models RAIDrive will be targeted at different audiences:

• The ES RaidDrive for businesses, with battery for the cache DRAM.
    • The RAIDDrive WAS for workstations
    • The GS RAIDDrive for players

We do not yet know in detail the physical and pricing differences of the three different models, it was not until June for the future, hope that the players will have a really attractive price.

Re: SuperTalent 2 Terabyte PCIe RAID SSD

Hello , Read the press Release Reagarding This Topic

Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today announced its patented RAIDDrive, which dramatically increases the performance and slot capacity of PCI Express-based storage solution. The new RAIDDrive is the market’s largest and most innovative server-based solid-state storage solution, and an extension of its patented technology from the RAIDSSD product lines.

RAIDDrives support up to 2 TB of MLC or SLC Nand Flash memories, have a turbocharged DRAM Cache, and the RAIDDrive ES is fully battery backed to protect data in the event of power loss. The RAIDDrives connect through a PCIe Gen. 2.0 x8 interface and are capable of delivering sequential Read speeds of up to 1.2GB/s, sequential Write speeds of up to 1.3GB/s. More performance details will be unveiled in June. As an optional feature users will be able to configure the drives with an internal RAID5 capability to deliver an extra level of data protection for mission critical applications.

SuperTalent is releasing three families of RAIDDrives with features optimized for different market segments:
    • RAIDDrive ES - Enterprise Servers performing compute intensive applications such as database transaction processing, business intelligence, and virtualization.
    • RAIDDrive WS - Workstation users performing tasks including animation, video editing, oil and gas exploration, CAD/EDA simulation, and scientific computing,
    • RAIDDrive GS - Gamers looking to supercharge their IO Subsystem

Super Talent has been pioneering the development of RAIDed SSDs with multiple patents granted since 2003 and has been shipping SSDs with internal RAID structures in the RAIDSSD product lines for many years. SuperTalent’s existing, RAIDSSD product lines utilizing SuperTalent’s unique patented RAID structure consist of:

• DuraDrive ET - High Performance IDE/PATA interface RAIDSSD 16-256GB, I-temp option available, 2.5” or 3.5”
      • FHDxxGCxxM/I
    • DuraDrive AT - High Performance SATA interface RAIDSSD 16-256GB I-temp option available, 2.5” or 3.5”
      • FSDxxGCxxM/I
    • MasterDrive RX – Extreme Performance SATA interface RAIDSSD 128-512GB, 2.5” or 3.5”
      • FTMxxGExxH
      • FTDxxGExxH

According to CH Lee, COO of Super Talent, “We are proud of the innovative intellectual property that our outstanding engineering team has developed. The RAIDDrive is just the latest in a series of patented products which enable us to provide differentiated products to our customers.”

Super Talent's SSDs (solid-state drives) are data storage devices that use NAND Flash memory as the storage medium. SSDs have lower power consumption, faster performance, and are lighter, less noisy, and more durable when compared to conventional hard disk drives. Replacing HDDs with SSDs is easy since they are 100% compatible. While standard spinning HDDs are the first system component to fail in extreme conditions, an SSD is an asset. SSDs are durable, reliable, and bring unparalleled performance to your system. Utilizing high density industrial grade NAND Flash chips, Super Talent now offers DuraDrive SSDs for ultra rugged military and industrial applications, and MasterDrive SSDs for high performance consumer and commercial use. Super Talent's SSD technology, including proprietary wear leveling algorithms and bad bit management

2TB SSD for: just try to imagine the price and I am on the verge of cardiac arrest Super Talent's DuraDrive AT SSDs have a standard IDE interface and are offered in various standard form factors. They are built with industrial grade SLC NAND Flash to offer the greatest possible reliability and endurance. The DuraDrive AT series has exceptional vibration and shock tolerance and is offered in commercial and industrial temperature ranges making it ideal to use in severe environments where reliability is critical

Just a card with a PCI-E 16x free. The battery is only on the buffer, because even if the disc is very fast it can not follow this flow and the battery is not to lose the data that has been copied in the buffer but not yet on the flash after the buffer must be big enough and I think that's why there is this system but it must be used very rarely I think. As against this history buffer makes me doubt on a disk ... it can keep the rates advertised on a transfer of 500GB? Is it not a collapse of flow when the buffer reaches saturation?

when you look at the pictures in the category SSD site for Super Talent, there are two things to me are obvious: The first two pictures are very "paint-made" compared with other visual aids that seem them, real For the first two photos, showing a priority the same product under two different angles, at least that's what I thought because the text is the same, does not show the same PCI-E? ?