Thread: Unable to perform end track

Unable to perform end track

Hello,
    I have a PC AMD Athlon XP 1800 1533 MHz and compaq nero 6.6.1.15 to burn recorder with a dvd rw .recently I looking to burn cd in mod divx. I got following messages:
    function write state impossible impossible to perform end track Unable to retrieve burning failed ,I precise that I got problem to burn only when I burn cd-r, whatever the brand but for DVD its fine I uninstall Nero and then reinstall, do the updates, disable the Windows XP burning , but same problem.please can some one help me out ?
    thank you

Re: Unable to perform end track

you are using nero so i think you burn ISO in TAO.try to Use DAO.
    TAO is "track at once", DAO is "disc at once"

Re: Unable to perform end track

Your DMA is OFF, all of them needs to be ON. To enable your DMA back on (for Windows XP users).

((To enable DMA back ON by "uninstalling" it's driver “for Win XP users”))

A) on "DESKTOP" right click on "MY COMPUTER", left click on "PROPERTIES"
    B) left click on "HARDWARE", left click on "DEVICE MANAGER"
    C) left click on +sign of DVD/CD-ROM Drives
    D) double left click on your DVD burner or your dvd-rom drive
    E) left click on "DRIVER", left click on "UNINSTALL", you will see a "Warning: you are about to uninstall this device from your system", just click "OK", now "SHUTDOWN" or "restart" your computer
    F) once you restart your computer, Windows should automatically detect your DVD burner’s drive and re-install it for you. That's it...easy as smoking!!

NOTE: do these steps only if the above process failed to bring DMA back on, or you can do exactly like the above steps, except this time you "uninstall" it from the “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers”

(A) left click on + sign of IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers
    (B) double left click on either "Primary" or "Secondary IDE Channel" (NOTE: you have to know where your "DVD Burner" or "DVD-ROM drive" is installed to what Channel). Usually it's the "Secondary IDE Channel" because your "C: drive or Hard Drive" would be the main aka Primary IDE Channel already. If you're not sure, then you need to check it with "Nero Toolkit" first before you "uninstall" any of them. Once you verify with Nero Toolkit, then you can continue with the next step.
    (C) click on "DRIVER", "UNINSTALL", "OK" and then "shutdown" or "restart" your computer. That's it... easy as smoking!!!

NOTE: To verify your dvd burner/dvd-rom drivers with Nero:
    Open up "StartSmart", click on "Nero Toolkit", then click on "Nero InfoTool" (InfoTool will run and retrieve all drivers), now click on "Configuration" - this should show you where your DVD Burner/DVD-ROM is installed under either Primary or Secondary <--- make good note of that and you're ready to "uninstall" your dvd burner/dvd-rom drivers now.

Quote: