Thread: DVI-I and DVI-D problems

DVI-I and DVI-D problems

I come to the same thing times =) I have an ASUS TFT (VH242H) and a laptop with the famous Mobile Intel (R) 945 Express Chipset Family with a DVI-I output. I concur with the monitor via a DVI-I VGA adapter on the connection of the monitor funzt everything. I concur with the monitor but with a DVI-D cable (The monitor only has the DVI input) seems to always be "DVI No Signal". Now I thought that I DVI-D cable easy to DVI-I inputs (like on my computer) could be connected - but apparently does not so anything. Do you have idea?

Thank you in advance in advance.

Abstract: Output DVI-I + DVI-D cable + DVI-D Monitor = No picture

Re: DVI-I and DVI-D problems

The Digital Visual Interface (DVI) is a video interface standard designed to maximize the visual quality of digital display devices such as flat panel LCD computer displays and digital projectors. It was developed by an industry consortium, the Digital Display Working Group (DDWG). It is designed for carrying uncompressed digital video data to a display. It is partially compatible with the High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) standard in digital mode (DVI-D), and VGA in analog mode (DVI-A).

For more information see here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

Yes thank you =) the site was also my first source of information - but that there is but one DVI-D connector to a DVI-I connector or plug?

If the connectors fit together, says the long but still nothing about how the pins are occupied