Thread: How to check with my hardware problem?

How to check with my hardware problem?

Hi!
    This is the stuff which i have faced many times creating problem on my PC!
    Many of my friends also facing the same problem....!
    Whenever we face this problem it cost us a lot money just for detecting the problem.

Can any one help me with it ?

The common problem we face here is as follows:
    -Memory
    -Harddrive
    -CPU (temperature, voltage)
    -Mainboard (temperature, voltage)
    -Power Supply

Re: How to check with my hardware problem?

Memory - Bad or incompatible memory is very serious cause of problem. Small error of all kinds of crashes can be due to memory problems.
    *The tool to check a problem with the memory to system, is MemtestX86.
    *This program will test your memory and will give you trustful result.
    *If you find any errors while checking the memory.
    *You might check a few things, before taking it to WENDER.

*Possible causes for memory problems:
    - bad memory
    - CPU problems (CPU voltages too low, overheating, damaged core)
    - heat problems
    - power problems (memory voltages too low)
    - wrong settings (set your BIOS' memory settings to "SPD")
    - compatibility problems (with mainboard, chipset or other installed memory modules)
    *If you can, it might be good to check your memory on an other system (prefferably with different hardware) as well, before concluding the memory itsself is bad.

Harddrive - NEW harddrives are sensible when it comes to heat, shocks, etc. Although they don't brake down that easily cause of some annoying problems.
    A good tool to check a harddrive is IBM TEST.

CPU - CPU's don't often get broken, but under some conditions they can turn computer into an electric shockist.
    *All CPUs are protected from overheating where too much heat is never good.
    *There are lots of tools that can show your CPU's temperature. The two programs I like best, are SiSoft Sandra and MAIN BOARD MONITOR. Main Board Monitor is a nice tool for debugging as it supports logging of all kinds of system readings.
    *If you own an Intel system (P3/P4), temperature (up to 80C) should have no problem, but keeping them at about 50C is the way to go (less is always better!).
    *If you own an AMD system, temperatures up to 90C should be no problem, but keeping them at about 50~60C is once again the best.
    *If your CPU is causing troubles, this also can be due to a mainboard that isn't supplying enough power, a not so stable power supply unit or a voltage on the CPU core that is too low. If you think your voltage on the CPU core is the problem, you might want to crank it up a little. This can be done from the BIOS of most systems. Be careful with this though, as a higher voltage on the CPU core will increase the heat the CPU produces.

Mainboard - Mainboards are harder to check for problems. Some boards are equipped with a diagnostic system (e.g. a display or leds, displaying error messages in case of failures) that can tell you quite a lot.
    *Besides of switching mainboards (or other components), you might want to check out the different voltages on the mainboard. By using either Main Board monitor or Sandra (see the CPU paragraph), you can check on what voltages your different lines are running. If the readings are way out of order (11V instead of 12V, or 3.8V instead of 3.3V) there's probably something wrong with either your mainboard or your Power Supply Unit.

Power supply - As I explained in the mainboard section. Problems can be due to a failing, or too weak power supply. I already told you how to check if the readings of the different powerlines are Approx correct.
    *If your Power Supply Unit runs extremely hot, there's a big chance it can't take the load. This cause with cheap supplies, as they aren't intended for heavy use. Depending on the components of your system, you could need quite a heavy Power Supply Unit.
    *For most modern CPU's, a PSU of at least 350W is recommended. If you can get one with a higer capacity, buy it!
    *It's likely that some newer systems that are about to be released, will have a CPU consuming over 100W. Those systems will need quite a heavy Power Supply Unit to remain stable.

rather choose a quality Power Supply Unit(PSU) over a cheap one. I know you can get 500W PSUs that cost less than a brand 300W PSU. Please don't buy them. Most of them can't do the capacity they are sold for, make lots of noise and will generate even some more heat. No good!