Thread: Hw to configure hardware details?

Hw to configure hardware details?

Whenever there is a problem in some hardware of my computer system, the technicians ask about the problem(complex details about the hardware) and after opening my cabinet, I am unable to configure what exactly the problem is... I wanna ask how do I configure these hardware details without opening the cabinet?

Re: Hw to configure hardware details?

You can configure the details regarding your hardware using Device Manager. Device Manager shows you how the hardware on your computer is installed and configured, and how the hardware interacts with your computer's programs.

You will typically use Device Manager to check the status of your hardware and update device drivers on your computer.

To access Device Manager:
    Right–click My Computer, click Manage, and then click Device Manager.

To view the status of a device:
    1. Open Device Manager.

2. Double–click the type of device you want to view.

3. Right–click the specific device you want, and then click Properties.

4. On the General tab, under Device status is a description of the device status.

If the device is experiencing a problem, you’ll see the type of problem in the Device status box. You might also see a problem code and number and a suggested solution. If you call a support line, this number can be useful for determining and diagnosing the problem.

For information on how to resolve hardware device problems, click Troubleshoot to start the Hardware Troubleshooter.

To install a new driver from Device Manager:
    1. Open Device Manager.

2. Double-click the type of device you want to update or change.

3. Right-click the specific device driver you want to update or change.

4. Click Update Driver to open the Hardware Update Wizard. Follow the wizard instructions.

Note : If you install a new driver and your system becomes unstable, you can easily uninstall the driver and reinstall the old driver with Driver Rollback.

To uninstall a device:
    1. Open Device Manager.

2. Double–click the type of device that you want to uninstall.

3. Right–click the specific device you want to uninstall, and then click Uninstall.

4. In the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK.

When you're done uninstalling the device, turn off your computer, and remove the device from the computer.

You can get all the information regarding your hardware devices without ever opening your computer's case, by using Device Manager.

>>Right-click on My Computer and choose Properties, or launch the System applet from the Control Panel.

>>Depending on your Windows version, either click on the Device Manager tab or click on the Device Manager button on the Hardware tab.

>>You will find an exhaustive list of your system's hardware, organized by type.

>>Double-click on a device for its detailed information and, on some platforms, a Troubleshooter option

Sometimes, your Windows PC does not show details about all devices in your Device Manager. But with a simple registry tweak, you can edit your registry to have it show details about all devices in your Device Manager. After this registry tweak, when you open the Device Manager, properties for each device should offer you a “Details” tab that you can select to see more specific information about your device.

For registry fix “Display Details in Your Device Manager"