Thread: Resize Image to fit computer screen

Resize Image to fit computer screen

Hello Friends,

We have an actual photo that we want to use for a Myspace profile. I had had the image hosted on my server host. However it was 1280x1024 in size and took to long to load. Is there anyway I can make the image smaller but still fit screen resolutions?. I dont know how to break the image up into segments. I do have Fireworks CS3 and PS CS4.
    Graphic design is something I never paid much attention to.

Regards,

Re: Resize Image to fit computer screen

Understanding Image Resolution

Image resolution becomes important when it is time to print an image. A resolution of 300 pixels per inch should give excellent print quality while a minimum of 150 pixels per inch is generally considered acceptable. Resolution is the number of pixels on a side divided by the output size. An image that is 3000 pixels by 2000 pixels would have a resolution of 500 pixels per inch if printed at 4x6 (3000 pixels / 6 inches = 500 pixels per inch), 250 pixels per inch if printed at 8x12, 200 pixels per inch if printed at 10x15, or 125 pixels per inch if printed at 16x24.

Resizing for Print

For more info:
    http://www.dpchallenge.com/tutorial.php?TUTORIAL_ID=35

you can also try using the following steps:

1. Open Internet Explorer

2. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab

3. Scroll down to “Multimedia” then uncheck “Enable Automatic Image Resizing”

Adjusting the computer settings to those appropriate for computer monitor is a pretty straightforward process. The first thing that you will need to do is decide on the best display resolution for your monitor. All you need to do to find this is look at the documentation that came with your monitor. It will tell you exactly what you need to set your screen resolution at.

Once you have determined the correct settings, right-click anywhere on your desktop, and select Properties. From here, access Display Properties, Settings. In the Screen Resolution area, adjust the slider to the specifications you found in your monitor’s documentation. Click the Apply button. This should resize your screen image to the correct size for your new monitor. Once you are satisfied with the way your screen looks, click the OK button.

I hope you find this information to be useful!