Thread: How to fix Error Code 39 error with DVD / CD-ROM ?

How to fix Error Code 39 error with DVD / CD-ROM ?

hi there ...
    i have problem with my vaio N31S DVD / CD Rom drive, there's a yellow triangle with a!,
    there's a error code number - Code 39 when i view it in the device manager ...
    any chance you can help me with this?

Re: How to fix Error Code 39 error with DVD/CD-ROM ?

Manual steps to delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values that can cause CD access problems
    Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.

To manually delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters registry values, follow these steps:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\(4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318)

3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\(4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318)

5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

6. Quit Registry Editor.

NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

7. Restart your computer.

Re: How to fix Error Code 39 error with DVD/CD-ROM ?

hi,

I have a Vaio VGN-SZ1HP / B laptop and i have had nothing go wrong with it before but recently the CD / DVD Drive stopped working. It wont read any type of DVD or CD. I have done a C: Drive recovery but still it is not working.

How can i fix it?? i really need my DVD drive to work

Re: How to fix Error Code 39 error with DVD / CD-ROM ?

HOW TO FIX ERROR CODE 39:

Please visit http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=k...4060&x=12&y=13

** System Restore does not work. This problem is caused by missing drivers for the hardware, if you visit the link above and let the microsoft fix it for you, it will ask you which hardware is not working properly, then it will be diagnosed. It will ask you to apply the recommended fix or to skip the step. Applying the fix will usually work.

I use Windows 7 and I am so relieved that my laptop can now read CD/DVDs. Thank God, I was so frustrated and worried to see some people have the same problem yet have not solved it. The thought of having a laptop repair is horrifying! I'm a student and doing so will be a terrible waste of my resources. Thank God that the fix worked for me. Try it. I hope it works for you.