Thread: With Usb 3.0 will the Webcam 2.0 work

With Usb 3.0 will the Webcam 2.0 work

I bought the logitech webcam pro 9000and I wanted to know if my purchase was "good" since the usb 3.0 will soon going to launch, I wanted to know if there would be differences in performance level on this type of accessories, thank you.
    You scratch my back I'll scratch yours.

Re: With Usb 3.0 will the Webcam 2.0 work

USB 3.0 is backwards compatible or not that is unknown. If It will work then at USB 2.0 speeds. To get USB 3.0 speeds you will need to add a USB 3.0 card.

The USB of a webcam is clearly not the limiting factor where else the transfer speed of the internet which matters. The differences in "performance" of webcam is measured not in terms of their connections but rather the quality of restitution, the recording speed and resolution.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

For at least the next five years, we do not see the market for USB 2.0 devices of all types to dwindle. High-bandwidth devices, such as video cameras or storage devices will likely be the first to migrate to SuperSpeed USB, but cost considerations, which in this industry are mainly driven by demand and volume, will restrict USB 3.0 implementation to higher-end products.

By 2010, computer motherboards should start to come equipped with USB 3.0 ports supplementing USB 2.0 ports. Adapter cards will likely play a large role in driving the installed base of USB 3.0 ports up, but as SuperSpeed-enabled ports become standard on new PCs, device manufacturers will be further motivated to migrate to the new standard.

In time, USB 2.0 may be phased out as was USB 1.1, but for now and the foreseeable future, USB 2.0 isn't going anywhere.