Thread: Printer just won't stop printing

angry Printer just won't stop printing

Hello Everyone,

I'm having a problem while giving out the print outs. I have installed Windows Xp on my system. The problem is that after giving out the print command, it just wont stop printing. I have to turn off my printer every time to get rid out of this problem. an any one tell me why i'm facing such kind of problem? Can any one help me out to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Re: Printer just won't stop printing

You must have asked it to print multiple pages by accident. Easy to do with some setups and switching off the printer will not cancel the command you will have to go to your printer setup page, look at pending print jobs or queue and cancel everything listed there. After that holding in the cancel button on the printer for half a minute should finalize the cancellation.

You may have to uninstall and reinstall the printer software. But have you carried out the reset process on the printer to clear the memory.

First off disconnect the printer cable from the computer to the printer. Turn the printer on and see if it prints anything or just comes to ready. If it comes to ready, the printer is fine and your issue is software. I would delete the printer from windows if that is what you are using and reinstall. If you are not using windows or have some dos program you will have to find the printq file and delete it otherwise it will continue to attempt to print. Reconnect and see what happens. If it does not come to ready with the cable disconnect then you probably have a formatter issue with the printer.