Thread: Error Code 24 in Device Manager

Error Code 24 in Device Manager

hi,
    i have Q6700 @ 3.5 Stable,Motherboard XfX 790i Ultra,GeForce 8800 GTX OC,Corsair Memory 2 GB PC3200 DDR RAM,with Logitech 3-Button USB Optical Wheel Mouse,the problem is i get error message and a yellow exclamation point appear next to PS/2 mouse port in Device Manager. with status "Code 24". This is making me crazy any suggestions?

Re: Error Code 24 in Device Manager

hi,
    This is a common error message with some devices and usually there is a relatively simple resolution. i recommend downloading Driver Detective immediately and running a scan. Fix the issues found and in most cases your issue will be resolved with no other necessary action.

The text displayed for this error code differs depending on the type of device (legacy or Plug and Play).If this device is a legacy device, the following text will be displayed: This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. To have Windows detect whether this device is present or not, click Detect Hardware. Solution button: Detect Hardware.

If this is a Plug and Play device, the following text is displayed: This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. (Code 24)Try upgrading the device drivers for this device. Solution button: Update Drivers

This code means that the device was not found (for example, it is missing or is not working properly).To resolve this error code, follow the recommended solutions. If the device still does not work, make sure the device is connected to your computer correctly. For example, make sure all cables are correctly installed, or that the adapter cards are properly seated in their slots.

hi,
    The problem is occur if device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24) Code 24 errors appear when Windows is unable to detect a device. This can happen when a hardware device is not working properly, the power switch is turned off, the device driver software is damaged, or the device driver version doesn’t match the hardware. To solve the problem, try uninstalling and reinstalling the device. If that doesn’t work, run the Troubleshoot Wizard from the General tab of the device’s Properties window.

hi,
    Verify you have the latest driver installed for your device. You may also be able to resolve this issue by removing the device in Device Manager and going through the Add New Hardware Wizard in Control Panel.