Thread: laptop screen brightness problem?

laptop screen brightness problem?

hi,
    i recently bought Lenovo 3000 V200 (Core 2 Duo T7200 Processor 2.0GHz; 1GB RAM). it works finebut the problem is I need to press FN+Right Arrow key to make brighter again.The brightness on that Video Card software doesn't do anything. on max brightness under high performance on battery power. It's not an inverter or LCD problem. What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!

Re: laptop screen brightness problem?

hi,
    Check the symbols on the top row keys.When you are only on battery, the laptop screen automatically gets less bright to conserve energy. Check to see if you are really on AC power.You can also go to Ctrl Panel/Display Properties/Screen Saver/Adjust Power settings (or something similar to that). You will find some options there to reset to normal brightness when on power if you inadvertently lowered this value.

it works finebut the problem is I need to press FN+Right Arrow key to make brighter again.The brightness on that Video Card software doesn't do anything. on max brightness under high performance on battery power. It's not an inverter or LCD problem.
    Plug your laptop into the mains. Laptop displays are brighter when plugged in.Press FN and the button that turns up the brightness. It may be the 8 or 9 key.

have you tried hitting the function key and the up arrow to turn up the brightness all the way? there are two settings, one for when the laptop is on battery, and one when it is plugged in,so do this with it unplugged then plug it in and do it again, i hope this will slove the problem.

hi,
    There is a built-in power management function in Windows (Control Panel -> Power Options) that has some options. You can check the BIOS settings to see if those settings are properly set. power manager and that is typically where brightness levels are supported for the user to adjust.