Thread: HP Deskjet F2120 "No device connected" problem

HP Deskjet F2120 "No device connected" problem

hi i have HP Deskjet F2120 all in one till yesterday it was fine working but suddenly windows displaying error massage for it. as i try to start HP is display window "No HP devices detected. HP solutions Center will close now" . i uninstalled and reinstalled driver but till its not working. can any one tell me what to do now ?thank you.

Re: HP Deskjet F2120 "No device connected" problem

1. you need to do a full uninstall and install. Use the L3 uninstall. If you dont know where to find it... Hit Start> Search> all files and folders. type ".bat" in the all or part of file name. Search your C Drive.
    2. Disconnect your Printer and Run L3 uninstall
    3. After uninstall is complete it is going to prompt you to restart... go ahead and restart.
    4. Go to C:\Program Files\HP or Hewlett-Packard (for some older products) and delete the folder Digital Imaging.
    5. Go to C:\WINDOWS and rename the twain_32 folder to twain_32 old.
    6. start> run> type in "regedit"
    7. file>export> name it regedit restore and then save on your desktop (just in case you screw something up
    7. remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / Hewlett-Packard / digital imaging
    8. remove all other registry keys associated with your printer or scanner under Hewlett-Packard... there is a description of the key to the right under the "data" field.
    9. RESTART COMPUTER... i dont know if you have to do this, but i did and mine worked.
    10. TURN OFF YOUR FIREWALL AND ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE. THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.
    11. Re-Install your software. I recommend going with the full version and do everything HP "recommends" you do.
    12. When finished the install.

its might be due to recent updates of hp of windows conflict so try to undo that change. while my time i did directly formation of windows without wasting time.

this has become an "escalated" support issue with HP.
    with different firewalls and different Windows OSs behave exactly the same way.
    Two things are happening:
    1) Scrubbing does not remove all traces of HP software - to the extent that a new install will come up saying "Welcome Back!" and the install options are not the same as a fresh install would have. But, I've found a workaround to that by just installing from the menu provided. This seems to work except:
    2) HP Solution Center does not recognize that there are any "devices" attached. I guess this means scanners to that piece of software. Also the printer shows no recognition of any computers on the Scan menus - No Scan to Computer option shows up.
    Yet:
    The computers can all print on USB or Ethernet.
    The computers can all scan using USB or Ethernet.
    Paint and ScanToPDF both work to control the scan capability.
    HP Solution Center cannot because it closes having found no "devices".