Thread: NumLock Light stays on after shut down

NumLock Light stays on after shut down

Hi,
    I have a problem, I have the motherboard from ASUS M3A78-EM and when I shut down my PC is my NumLock light on, I have them on the keyboard itself off. Perhaps someone knows whether I'm in the BIOS or something was wrong?
    Thanks in advance!!!

Re: NumLock Light stays on after shut down

If the shutdown to remain, then runs your computer is not completely down! Because this light can only shine when they are still receiving power, so also the entire computer is not completely shut down. This can be "quite" a negative effect on the electricity.

Is it because a wireless keyboard that is equipped with batteries? Because otherwise I can not believe it! Even this small light on the keyboard needs power. And where should the event of a complete shut down.

I have a normal standard keyboard with PS2 connection. About press the NumLock key will light the lamp and no more after the turn off the power strip is also made, only when I shut down the PC it is not alone. All fans including the CPU fan are made off. I thought at first he did not shutdown, but only in standby, but yes that would be theoretically turn the CPU fan.

I have a normal standard keyboard with PS2 connection. About press the NumLock key will light the lamp and no more after the turn off the power strip is also made, only when I shut down the PC it is not alone. All fans including the CPU fan are made off. I thought at first he did not shutdown, but only in standby, but yes that would be theoretically turn the CPU fan.
    So obviously you have a system that while not 100% off voltages. The CPU, as well as most components, will be shut down, but parts are still active. One possible cause would be that you are aware of the BIOS the "Wake-Up-Over-LAN enabled searched. This is to your computer via a LAN remotely on his. Then it would be normal that the computer is still under power.
    Unfortunately, there are computers, because this feature is disabled, but they are still under power!

Is this possibly a USB keyboard? On my computer I can set whether the USB ports even after the power still off or not. If there is a USB keyboard, it might well be that your USB ports are not "off" will be. That would be but then also a BIOS setting.