Thread: Usb port problem

Usb port problem

Hello,
    I am under Windows vista , yesterday after formatting my pc I reinstall vista and now problem is that my usb port is not working. I have a motherboard ASUS WiFi-AP P5KE edition. drivers of the motherboard installed but a message says it is not compatible. i don't know what to do.

please help me!!!
    I do to dead flowers what people at morgues do to dead people. Suck all the moisture out, dip them in plastic, paint them up pretty and put them in a nice frame.

Re: Usb port problem

drivers of the motherboard installed but a message says it is not compatible.
    In that case why don't you go to Asus's site and download the vista compatible driver.

If you connect a USB device to a defective port, the device will not work. Try plugging the device into a different port. If all USB ports are in use, unplug one of the other devices, and plug the problematic device into that port.

If the device is plugged into a secondary USB hub instead of directly into a USB port on your computer, unplug the device from the hub, and then plug the device directly into a port on your computer.

Open Device Manager click on the Start button go to Control Panel, click on System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.* Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers and check to see if all your USB ports, hubs, and controllers are functioning correctly. Any devices not functioning will have a yellow exclamation mark in front of them.

If Device Manager shows any USB ports, hubs, or controllers are not functioning, check for updated drivers. For more information, see Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly.