Thread: Problems in a System Recently Assembled

Problems in a System Recently Assembled

Hi,
    a few days ago, I disassembled my PC for sound cleaning plant, I disassembled the processor and also changed the thermal paste. Unfortunately when I went to reinstall the OS, the PC was launched, has copied the installation files, but when things are going to begin the installation itself and hangs up a blue screen that says to me do a scandisk, etc.. I tried it on another computer and go quietly.
    The problem occurs even when I start from the OS cd, What could be the problem?

Re: Problems in a System Recently Assembled

Hi,
    a few days ago, I disassembled my PC for sound cleaning plant, I disassembled the processor and also changed the thermal paste. Unfortunately when I went to reinstall the OS, the PC was launched, has copied the installation files, but when things are going to begin the installation itself and hangs up a blue screen that says to me do a scandisk, etc.. I tried it on another computer and go quietly.
    The problem occurs even when I start from the OS cd, What could be the problem?
    99% is a problem related with ram.Try to ram on different slot.

hello,
    I did experiment with the desks of ram, in total, 4 512. I have tested putting one rolling and changing each time slot, but the problem remains.
    The motherboard is an asus P5LD2 on a Pentium IV processor 3.0 GHz, the video card is a ati 1600 pro, the hd a maxtor 160 gb. It could be that the MB is not working?

Two things come to mind. First of all, doubt if it will run without thermal paste and if you try to run it without cleaning off the old thermal paste and putting new on there, it is possible that you may damage to your rig, so DON'T even attempt to run it that way.Second, your power supply is not a good brand name power supply and is of very low quality IMHO, and have enough wattage and most likely not enough amps per rail to run this rig.