Thread: Hard drive failure

Hard drive failure

I just bought an Lenovo x61s and I am trying to install Windows XP pro on it. I am getting the Blue Screen of Death after it scans my computer. I did try the latest firmware update for it. I did it on an external cd/dvd rw drive. It tells me that my hard drive is up to date. I am still getting this error message.

0x0000007b.

Can someone help me?

Dr. V Guest

Re: Hard drive failure

Here are few thread, which are related to your problem : http://forums.techarena.in/tags/index.php/0x0000007b/

To resolve this error, use the same hardware for the backup computer:

• Replace the problem hardware components in the backup computer with components of the same manufacturer, make, and model as the motherboard in the computer that you are backing up.
    • If the system disk is a SCSI disk, use the same make and model of SCSI controller in the new computer.
    • If the system disk is an IDE disk, use the same kind of motherboard in the new computer, a motherboard that has the same kind of IDE chip set and the same PnP-ID as the motherboard in the computer that you are backing up.

For SCSI-based system disks, you can prime the registry and make sure that the drivers that you want are in place by installing the SCSI controller that is used by the backup computer before you transfer the system disk contents. Windows XP PnP detects the controller, sets up critical registry entries, and copies the appropriate driver.

After you see the SCSI controller in Device Manager, you can remove the alternate controller. If you have to move the system disk to another computer that has the same make and model of SCSI controller in the future, Windows XP will start successfully because Windows XP has already used that controller one time and has retained the correct configuration information.

Source : 314082

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    Here are few thread, which are related to your problem : http://forums.techarena.in/tags/index.php/0x0000007b/
    I had the bios set wrong. Thank you