Thread: Xbox 360 Controller Mac Problems

Xbox 360 Controller Mac Problems

Hello,
    After installing latest update of mac osx my xbox 360 joystick is not recognized and is giving as no device found error please help thanks does mac osx 10.5.6 update has a bug plese help thanks

Re: Xbox 360 Controller Mac Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Sloane View Post
    Hello,
    After installing latest update of mac osx my xbox 360 joystick is not recognized and is giving as no device found error please help thanks does mac osx 10.5.6 update has a bug plese help thanks
    your Xbox 360 controller is wired or wireless ? Microsoft will soon release a USB peripheral (for windows) which receives the signals from the wireless controller(s). presumably this will be similarly easy to port to mac.

Quote Originally Posted by The Edge View Post
    your Xbox 360 controller is wired or wireless ? Microsoft will soon release a USB peripheral (for windows) which receives the signals from the wireless controller(s). presumably this will be similarly easy to port to mac.
    its a wired one. do wireless controller also exist i did not any knowledge about it ok well thanks for your reply

its a wired one. do wireless controller also exist i did not any knowledge about it ok well thanks for your reply
    Then Download Xbox HID Driver for Mac OS X

This software enables the Xbox USB gamepad, DVD remote, and other Xbox devices on Mac OS X. It installs a HID (Human Interface Device) kernel extension and works at a low-level so any game that supports joysticks can use it. Games that do not support joysticks can use Xbox devices through additional software such as GamePad Companion.

You can use the Xbox HID Driver as long as you want, it is now freeware and totally unlimited. The full source code is accessible via CVS.

The source code to the kernel extension component is included, and is subject to the Apple Public Source License (APSL). The driver can be extended to support additional Xbox devices, including wheels, IR receivers, headsets, and memory units. The full source code for other components is licensed under the GPL.

It is now possible to use the Xbox controller in Halo! Halo version 1.5 supports gamepads!

I have created an Application Enhancer module (aka haxie) that taps into Halo Mac Edition to provide limited joystick support, I call it "Game Pad Hack". Update: this is no longer needed in version 1.5 of Halo. I probably will not be continuing development of this haxie but the full source code is available for anyone who would like to take it further. Click here to download Game Pad Hack (requires the Xbox HID Driver).

Download

Before you download, please note: this driver requires Mac OS X 10.2.6 or later, which was recently released, so make sure to upgrade. The download contains a detailed ReadMe with information about known bugs and limitations, which you should consult first before emailing me.

Download the latest version here.

source-xhd.sourceforge.net/

yup buddy wireless controller do exist and yoo can also use them with your pc usingthe wireless controller, then you can get the Wireless Receiver from Microsoft ($20.00)

Features
    The Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows lets you take your quality, wireless gaming experiences that you enjoy on your console and experience them on your Windows gaming platform.

• Will work with future Xbox 360 Wireless Accessories.
    • Provides up to a 30-foot range for complete wireless freedom.
    • Use up to four Wireless Controllers and four Wireless Headsets simultaneously with one Wireless Gaming Receiver.
    • Easily integrates with PC gaming scenarios and utilizes the same binding technology as Xbox 360.
    • Provides a great value by eliminating the need for additional accessories for Windows-based gaming at an attractive price point.
    • Plugs into a PC USB port and has a six foot cable. (NOTE: The Wireless Gaming Receiver requires a powered USB port to operate. If you're using the Wireless Gaming Receiver with a USB hub, the USB hub must have an external power source.)
    • Future drivers available for Windows Vista™ and Force Feedback for the Wireless Racing Wheel.

Here is also an another version Xbox 360 Controller driver - 0.07

Product Description:
    This driver adds support to Mac OS X for the official Microsoft Xbox 360 wired controller. Along with all the buttons, both analog sticks, the analog triggers and the D-pad, it implements Force Feedback support using the rumble motors as well.

As the driver is open source, it is also possible to see an example of how to communicate with the driver directly, to control the LEDs as well as bypass the Force Feedback functionality for direct rumble motor control.

Third party controllers should also be supported, but these must be added manually to the driver's list of supported devices. Currently this includes the official controller and the DOA4 stick controller.

What's new in this version:
    • Fixed issue with use on OSX 10.4
    • Added support for Rock Band controllers
    • Added support for Konami Dance Mat

Operating System Requirements:
    This product is designed to run on the following operating systems:
    • Mac OS X 10.5 Intel
    • Mac OS X 10.5 PPC
    • Mac OS X 10.4 Intel
    • Mac OS X 10.4 PPC

Additional Requirements:
    • Mac OS X 10.4 or higher