Thread: PXE-E61 Media Test Failure

PXE-E61 Media Test Failure

Hello , last week when i was trying to setup my brother pc.i came to face up with this PXE-E61 error message couple of times. although i searched a lot but cant seem to find the exact cause of this problem at sites some it says it was harddisk error and some it says it was bios . Well, at first I could enter inot the BIOS but Now on the lenovo screen it says ESC to change boot up, F2 for setup, or F12 to run on LAN. If I push any of these it will say, for instance, Entering Setup......and it does respond and now it is not even entering into the bios please help thanks in advance

Re: PXE-E61 Media Test Failure

it seem like your pc is set to boot to a Network, to problem you have to go into the BIOS and set HDD as your first boot device . If you don't want to go into the BIOS, see if there is a Function key that flashes on the screen when you boot up, sometimes it's F12 and it'll allow you to choose what device you want to boot to that you can select from a list using the arrow keys. But then again, it's strange that it doesn't boot to HDD anyway once the PXE has failed, it should just go to the next device in the list.

I was also facing the similar problem pxe-e61 error. i tried to properly setup my hdd once again and it works properly from then .and also It is simply module PXE boot on your lan integrated pc, since simply disables the BIOS (probably on LAN boot option) and should return to normal order

I had this problem one day with a Portable HP, unable to start and impossible to recover my data. I went out in a CD boot Linux Knopix starts even if the PC's hard drive is HS. It uses only the internal memory. Then I recover my data on disk with a USB key. You can always tried with this method. You download the CD in ISO format Knopix by typing on the search engine Google. On another PC of course. If Linux does not recognize the disc

To start the computer in safe mode You should print these instructions before continuing. They will not be available after you shut your computer down in step 2. Click Start, click Shut Down, and then, in the drop-down list, click Shut down. In the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK. When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8. Use the arrow keys to highlight the appropriate safe mode option, and then press ENTER. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER. Notes

In safe mode, you have access to only basic files and drivers (mouse, monitor, keyboard, mass storage, base video, default system services, and no network connections). You can choose the Safe Mode with Networking option, which loads all of the above files and drivers and the essential services and drivers to start networking, or you can choose the Safe Mode with Command Prompt option, which is exactly the same as safe mode except that a command prompt is started instead of the graphical user interface. You can also choose Last Known Good Configuration, which starts your computer using the registry information that was saved at the last shutdown. Safe mode helps you diagnose problems. If a symptom does not reappear when you start in safe mode, you can eliminate the default settings and minimum device drivers as possible causes. If a newly added device or a changed driver is causing problems, you can use safe mode to remove the device or reverse the change. There are circumstances where safe mode will not be able to help you, such as when Windows system files that are required to start the system are corrupted or damaged. In this case, the Recovery Console may help you. NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function

Or you could try this........... To start the computer using the last known good configuration Print these instructions before continuing. They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2. Click Start, click Shut Down, and then, in the drop-down list, click Shut down. In the Shut Down Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK. When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8. Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER. Notes

Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files. When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, only the information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet is restored. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain. NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

If you don't see the option buttons for re-start and switch off, just hold down the main computer switch for about 5 seconds and your computer should turn itself off. You can then try starting again in safe mode.

wikianswers