Thread: ASUS P5E3 restarts

ASUS P5E3 restarts

Recently I bought an ASUS P5E3 Deluxe with the latest BIOS. The system restarts when a external peripheral is attached during hibernation, despite setting all external startup types to 'disabled' in the BIOS. Can't understand what is happening?

Sometimes it even restart when the mouse is moved. Both printer and mouse are USB devices.

Re: ASUS P5E3 restarts

Follow the steps given below and let me know.
    Go to Device Manager, Properties on your selected devices, you'll see a tick box next to it
    >>Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby<<

If you don't untick the box, then the device will stop being a trigger event for wakeup. For example, my PS/2 keyboard and my PS/2 mouse, have that box ticked right now. But my PS/2 keyboard is powered from +5V, and that power source can be dead when the computer is in standby or hibernating. Some other interfaces, such as my USB ports, could be powered from +5VSB,and that voltage is present during standby.

Check the APM configuration or Power Management types of BIOS pages. Disabling all USB responses, such as the computer waking up if a peripheral gets plugged in, might be a bit tougher. Especially if there isn't a specific item for it in the APM configuration or Power Management types of BIOS pages.

unsure Re: ASUS P5E3 restarts

Could you please let us know which OS your using, If it's Vista, then you should be careful because it has a hybrid hibernate that is a combination of sleep and hibernate, and will restart on peripheral interrupts.

You can connect your PC to power bar if it doesn't has a switch at the back and switch it off there after shutdown.

There is no tick box to tick that stops computer coming out of standby, i did checked the properties of my USB devices.

The OS i am using is Windows XP pro sp3, also i have seperate switches for everything, i choose and switch OFF any device i like.

Go into Device Manager >> Universal Serial Bus Controllers >> somewhere near, or at, the bottom. Expand the node and all the options will be seen.
    There should be a number of instances of USB Root Hub. Double click on each one and select >> Power Management tab. There are two boxes to be checked, or unchecked, one to "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby".

If it's checked then uncheck it, this may be the cause fro your PC doin hibernation..

Hi deoWo got the solution did what you told me to do ..... few of the boxes were checked which i unchecked. Let's see if it helps me.

Thanks for your timely help