Thread: Maximum resolution blocked

Maximum resolution blocked

Hi

I just get my screen LCD Samsung T220 which is repair. He had a problem is now fixed.

The problem is that since I can not put a resolution at its native (1680 * 1050) because the panel NVIDIA does not even propose the coup and I'm limited a 1280 * 1024: --
    I remember having ever had this problem when I got the screen but unfortunately I do not know how I managed to settle it.

I run on a GeForce 8600 GT and have the latest drivers from NVIDIA as well as SAMSUNG.

After a day search on Google, I see that it is a recurring problem enough but I still have not found the solution ..

Re: Maximum resolution blocked

The OSD go through the screen to make those adjustments.

No, the T220, the resolution is not resolved by the screen

Then good ... after 2-day break my head over, you think that I can not be fun to do a topic if it were so simple ^ ^

For the moment, a way of thinking, I chipote a bit in the driver files of the monitor to try and find out what stuck If I still have not found the reason for the porblème next few days, I reinstall my system by the ghost that I did at the last installation but good ... It's heavy and I doubt even as it resolves the matter

And as if there are two possibilities that I am not one by the OSD and the other via the Windows Control Panel. These solutions have been found on the Samsung site in the FAQ so I quote:

A screen image too small may be due to one of the following:

You have set the resolution to a value too high.
    The size horizontal and vertical is not set correctly.
    To set the image, run the following steps:

Set the refresh rate of your monitor to 60 Hz
    Set the resolution of your monitor on the basis of resolution. The basis of resolutions of Samsung LCD monitors are:
    The resolution basic 15-inch LCD monitors is 1024 x 768.
    The basic resolution LCD monitors 17, 18 and 19 inches is 1280 x 1024.
    The resolution basic 21-inch LCD monitors is 1600 x 1200.
    The resolution basic 24-inch LCD monitors is 1920 x 1200.
    If even defining the basic resolution of the monitor, you do not solve the problem, try to apply the next lower resolution.

If the problem persists despite the decrease resolution, set your monitor on solving basic and use the menu on the screen (OSD) buttons to adjust the horizontal and vertical size of the screen.

How do I change the definition of the display under Windows 98, Me, 2000 or XP native to the definition of the monitor?

The problems of proportion to the screen size of the screen, images and text can often fuzzy be resolved by adjusting a monitor to its definition and its native refresh rate possible. The instructions below explain how.

To change the definition of the display under Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP to the definition native (optimal), follow these steps:

1. Click the Start button, point to Settings and click Control Panel.

2. In the window Control Panel, double-click on the Display icon.

3. In the Properties window display (Display Properties), click on the Settings tab.

4. On the Settings tab, move the slider to the area of the screen (Screen Area) until the desired definition.

5. Click the OK button.

6. In the Settings box Monitor (Monitor Settings), click Yes (Yes).

The table below shows the definition native (optimal) for Samsung LCD monitors by size. The refresh rate is optimal for all Samsung LCD monitors is 60 Hz

Monitor Size

Optimal Definition

15 to 16 inches

1024x768

17 to 19 inches

1280x1024

20 to 23 inches

1600x1200

To change the refresh rate in Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP, follow these steps:

1. Click the Start button, point to Settings and click Control Panel.

2. In the window Control Panel, double-click on the Display icon.

3. In the Properties window display (Display Properties), click on the Settings tab.

4. On the Settings tab, click Advanced Settings (Advanced).

5. On the Advanced tab, click on the Monitor tab.

6. On the Monitor tab, click the Refresh Rate field.

7. Select the refresh rate in the appropriate menu.

8. Click OK in the Monitor tab, and click again in the Properties dialog box display.
    So solutions verified and approved with Vista as well.

Again, if it were so simple, I found I am not a monster computer but am not a clude no longer.

So your first solution by the OSD is in fact to adjust the image size, in effect, but not its resolution. So basically, I can expand, move, compress the image that appears on my screen but not increase its resolution.

When the second method, it is stupidly of the traditional method to change its resolution but, as stated in my first post, at home, the native resolution does not even appear and I can not choose

In fact, after my floor yesterday evening on the problem and after using the programs super not always clear, I noticed that the file EDID of my monitor is faulty. it is inscribed inside the max resolution of my screen is 1280 * 1024 coup, when vista synchronizes with the monitor and recover the EDID, he grabs a bad resolution max and does not offer true.

So I found a program to put an EDID a day and an approach to unlock the protection of the EEPROM write monitor. Unfortunately, I need a file EDID "healthy" to crush the old AC, I did not. So I call the VAS Samsung tomorrow to tell them they have bungled my EDID during repair.

For any who fall on my post after a google search on the same problem, you can check if the problem comes from your EDID with the "Powerstrip".