Thread: First UHF RFID Gen 2 Card Printer

First UHF RFID Gen 2 Card Printer

Zebra Technologies, a global leader in specialty printing and automatic identification solutions, has launched UHF encoding within its P330i and P430i card printers. UHF RFID encoded cards can help to save time and costs, while heightening security in a host of identification, access control and asset tracking applications. The new encoding option for P330i and P430i complements Zebra’s new UHF cards that enable a read-range of up to 30 per cent further than standard UHF cards.

Zebra’s proprietary UHF antenna is embedded in the card stock, providing a longer read-range of up to 20 feet (6 meters) from the sensor, compared to just 15 feet (4.5 meters) for most standard UHF cards.

Key benefits:
    • Enhances vehicle and fleet tracking to provide fast, accurate information about transport time, dwell time, entry and exit times

• Improved people tracking at entrances and exits in high-security premises such as enterprises, data centers, and government and healthcare facilities

• More efficient access control and visitor tracking by ensuring individuals’ locations are known, as well as ensuring access authentication to secure areas

• Work-in-process tracking and tracing, tools, equipment, and reusable assets (such as drums, totes and containers) to save costs on repeated purchase of RFID tags/labels

• Retailers can also easily produce RFID-enabled customer loyalty cards to increase customer recognition and service

The card printers/encoders are rugged, fast and easy to use. The Zebra P430i with the UHF option can print and encode as many as 130 single-sided, full-color cards or 102 dual-sided, full color cards per hour. Both models deliver clear, vibrant color printing and print resolution of 300 dpi.

The P330i and P430i are suitable for transponder types EPC Class 0; EPC Class 1, Gen 1; EPC Class 1, Gen 2; ISO18000-6b and 6-c; and others. Available in two sizes, the card printer/encoders feature 4 MB image memory standard, a 16-character LCD display, and an innovative angled, high-capacity card feeder for faster throughput and fewer rejections. They are designed for use with Zebra-designed cards, and are also compatible with cards provided by other solution providers. Product options include a magnetic encoder, Mifare contactless encoder, contact smart card encoder and built-in 10/100 Ethernet capability.

Zebra is recognized as one of North America’s fastest growing companies by leading industry analysts and national, local and trade business magazines. Zebra was recently named “Supply Chain Innovator” by Supply Chain Systems magazine, and the readers of Consumer Goods Technology magazine recently named Zebra the number one company for RFID customer support.