Thread: Reverting Back to iTunes 6

Reverting Back to iTunes 6

Apple Recently released iTunes 7, being a avid iTunes user, i nearly screamed in Happyness "Finally v7.0" unfourtunetly, iTunes 7 is a bad bad bad rush job, with tremendous stabilty issues along with a million other bugs, only after installing iTunes 7 did i realise this (until i personally use something, i don't care about other people's expierence) before installing version 7, i was more than happy with version 6.0.5.20, If you're a Avid iTunes user and want to revert back, simply Uninstalling and reinstalling previos version won't work, Hunting on Google, i founded this VERY useful tutorial, which finally letted me use v6 again.

Step 1: Backup
    Back up your iTunes 7 settings, so that you can keep them around in case you want to go back.

Go into your My Documents folder, then your My Music folder. Copy the iTunes folder inside there to somewhere else. That’ll save your settings.

Note: That’s the default location, if you’ve moved things around it’ll be somewhere else. If you need help finding it, search for files ending in .itl on your hard drive.

Step 2: Uninstall iTunes 7
    Now, uninstall iTunes 7. Go to your Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, iTunes and hit Uninstall.

Reboot as it asks you to when it’s done.

Step 3: Download iTunes 6.0.5
    Download iTunes 6 from Apple:
    http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...orwindows.html

Step 4: Install iTunes 6.0.5
    Install iTunes 6 by running the installer.

Step 5: Try to run iTunes 6
    You should get this error message:
    The file "iTunes Library.itl" cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes.

Step 6: Restore your old library
    Go back into My Documents/My Music. Now go into the iTunes folder. Rename your iTunes Library.itl as iTunes Library.itl.old. Go into the Previous iTunes Libraries folder (which would be in MyDocuments\MyMusic\Previous iTunes Libraries). Take the newest file (for me this was iTunes Library 2006-09-14.itl) and copy it back up to the iTunes folder. Rename it iTunes Library.itl. Run iTunes 6 and you should be all set, with your library restored.

It’s not a perfect solution, but it’s better than losing your library entirely. Plus, since you’ve backed up your iTunes 7 library, when Apple releases an iTunes 7.0.1 you should be able to reverse the procedure above and use your most current library before upgrading to iTunes 7.0.1.
    Source: Blog.Dominik.Net

Hope this was useful

Re: Reverting Back to iTunes 6

well incase if i have it i will use this tut

its a very nice tweak

believe me, i was only a idiot to download that pathetic piece of code, so many bugs, it shoots the CPU usage to 100% when playing a song! and the interface is so very bad. to think i downloaded it because of the Album Art feature which fetchs Album Arts from iTunes Music Store, Imagine my joy when i founded out that you cant use the the feature unless you sign up, and for that you HAVE to have a US Billing Address. Great!

so u mean.. can we use it or not

~UPDATE~

I am downloaded and installed the "Updated" Version of iTunes, v7.0.1, regardless of what people say, it's still bug ridden, it scrolls the library very slowly, the sound often pauses and loops previous songs and when using the 3D View of Album Art, it often pauses. also, Unlike In the previous version, where the Volume automatically lowers when next song is coming up and provides uninterrupted playback, v7.0.1 simply skips to the next track, often it skips the end of the songs Dont download it.

hmm..
    then i think this thread needs to be closed.
    Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it.-- Max Frisch 1911 -1991