Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Trace a hacker

Re: How to Trace a hacker

What if that profile is fake and i have also reported it to orkut authorities but no action has been taken till now.
    Kindly help.

dark_warrior1985 Guest

hello people,

I am a computer hacker from india/mumbai.

For all your hacking/intelligence gathering requirements,

i am very good in cracking password protected files and documenst.

Please contact me on the above mentioned e-mail address for help

Hello Dark Warrior,

Thanks for offering help but I can't see your email address. How do I contact you?

roysmith27 Guest

I thinks its really difficult to trace the hackers because most the hackers use only the fake IP addresses that leads to the other computers peoples.Its just easy use a program that change your IP address to fake one which its impossible for hacker to track you or hack you,

thanks for sharing

ThumbsUp Re: How to Trace a hacker

FReakMaster, Great Posting.

If a hacker is using a direct connected proxy or online web proxy you can still gain information regarding where these services connect too (i.e.: the hacker). The ending chained proxy (if present) closest to the hacker will have his real connection information if he is receiving data directly from your connections. Traveling through chains of proxies isn't necessarily easy, but if you can identify the networks, and following FReakMaster's information presented here you -may- find portals to the hacker.

[Exception maybe]
    Unless the hacker is using a push (one-way) only command trojan to activate an e-mail/ftp/sftp based logger/uploader (which would need to be on your system) to an unassociated email/ftp service which the hacker always connect to via a proxy or chain of proxies;

the possibility of finding them is great.

The government would go this far, legally or illegally, to find someone whose infiltrated a highly valuable piece of information. Believe it.

The software being used to transmit data/files or receive instructions from the hacker can be used to find: a) how they are connecting through Proxies, Networks of PC's, or which web-based forwarder the hacker is using, b) any usernames and passwords the hacker maybe using to connect to services [steal back your information], c) reversing channels present in coding that may be used to infiltrate their computer [Reverse Engineering Required probably]

There are many ways, and now that the government is asking/requiring software developers to create "Government Backdoors" intentionally; your protection is dwindling; and new portals are opening for big brother and quick and competent hackers.

Regards,
    RoanHannabe

You mentioned a few things here that I've heard about: DoS for one, and people using port scanners, etc. Aren't there legal actions you can take against someone who's attacking you? I've heard on tech forums such as BackTrack "use these on YOUR LOCAL network only, don't get yourself into trouble using these tools/methods at your local starbucks/neighbors.

I've always heard about things "hackers" do and etc. But I've never really heard much about them being caught, or how they were caught (on a technical level. Not just "we traced them down"). browsing around the BT forums peaked my interest in this a little. Kind of like antivirus programs. more of the "good guys" who use techniques hackers/virus makers use, but against those types of people. Either white-hat hacker/pentester?

is there a course of study in anti-hacking? what is it called, and where would I get information on this/those field(s)? I'd also like to learn about what type of legal action can be taken and who to report it to. If someone were to DoS someone who's using a DSL company as their ISP: Who's responsibility is it to take legal action against the offender? The ISP or the user?

Sorry for the bundle of questions, but they're something I've always wanted to know, and things I've never really heard reported about.

My main interest in this is:

A few years back I had my personal web-site compromised. My index was replaced with an Amazon.com phishing site. I recieved a call from my web-host saying I violated their ToS by posting malicious scripts and (something) else. I can't remember. Anyways: I promptly attempted to log into my account, which ofcourse failed. I called my host back and let them know my account was somehow compromised. They found the foreign IP to be out-of-country from where I normally log in. They deleted all the foreign files and left me with an empty "/" directory. After some restoring of backups my site was back up.

Later that Night I got on my PC at home and found a open chat on my Xfire account "pwned" pasted over and over again. Obviously I feel that user was responsible. I had his username and etc. but had no idea what to do with it. I mean: if I did a tracert on the logged IP: what good would it have done? I wouldn't even know who to call, or if if legal action is/was even an option. These things are stuff I'd like to learn about. One person said that programs can be 'piggie-backed' by a virus/worm to allow a malicious program to ride those open ports....
    Last edited by azphxguy; 27-04-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Hi azphxguy,

There are many anti-hacking courses available, that you can opt for. If you are in india then you can register yourself for the Ankit Fadia Ethical Hacker Course. There are also many ebooks related on same. Some of the famous are listed below:

1. The Ethical hacking Guide to Hacking Mobile Phones
    2. Unofficial Guide to Ethical Hacking
    3. Network Security-A Hacker`s Prespective
    4. An Ethical Hacking Guide to Corporate Security

Thanks for the reply, einstein_007. I'll look into those ebooks. I am Network+ certified. I didn't initially realize this thread was so old. I'm going to look into those books you mentioned.

I should have mentioned that a loopback ip address also appears in netstat. Any reasons why or is that normal?

wow this hacker must be desperate... he / she deleted my first post thereby admitting he / she is one of the ip adresses I mentioned. Oh well I obviously can't get help if I can't get what I need help with across to you guys.
    Last edited by monster0102; 09-05-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12