Thread: How to stream videos from WD My Passport Wireless 1TB on Smartphone or Tablet

How to stream videos from WD My Passport Wireless 1TB on Smartphone or Tablet

WD My Passport Wireless offers you a easy connectivity and video streaming through Wifi. It is easy to connect and share content also. You can not only stream videos but you can also download and upload documents on the drive. It also support FTP. Here I am going to give you the most basic option. You can stream videos from the drive easily on your tablet or on your Smartphone. You have to install WD MyCloud app. It comes for various mobile platform. here I am going to test this on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which is a Android based device.

WD MyPassport Wifi Hard drive

First download and install WD MyCloud App from Google Play. Then turn on WD My Passport Wireless. Go in the wifi section of your device and tap on MyPassport to connect.

WD MyPassport Wifi Hard drive

The start WD MyCloud App. In that you can see different sections on the top side. Like photos, music, videos, etc. You can TAP on the folders which has file and you can play them. For android installing MX Player is recommended. Because it can read all type of video formats. For pictures there is no special requirement. If you are planning to edit your office documents then adding a pdf reader, a office suite, etc will help a lot.

Re: How to stream videos from WD My Passport Wireless 1TB on Smartphone or Tablet

Sometime there is a buffering issue on the drive when the distance is quiet high from the hard drive and smartphone. I had seen this. If you are having a new high end device then it will work really fine. But on old drives there is a big problem in using the same. There must be some way to simply use the drive with other application also so that it can be easier to stream files.