Thread: How to use WD My Passport Wireless 1TB with Smartphone

How to use WD My Passport Wireless 1TB with Smartphone

WD My Passport Wireless 1TB comes with Wifi. It is also has MIMO support for Wifi, through which it can manage upto 8 devices on connection. It is very easy to use this external hard drive. Once you are done with loading data in it you can follow the steps below to connect your Smartphone or tablet to the drive. And through WD MyCloud App you can stream the content. You have to install this first in your device before moving ahead. This app is available for various mobile platform. I am using Galaxy Note 2 here to give you a short introduction for the first time usage process.

WD MyPassport

Turn on WD My Passport Wireless 1TB hard drive. There are two lights on it. One is for power and other one is for wifi. The wifi light will turn to blue once it is completely on. Press the Wifi button on top if it does not glows.

WD MyPassport

On android device tap on Settings > Wifi. In that select My Passport Then tap on a web browser. I am using Chrome here. Type mypassport.local or 192.168.60.1 in the address bar. You have to accept the terms. Tap on I Accept.

WD MyPassport

Re: How to use WD My Passport Wireless 1TB with Smartphone

From the next screen you can choose name of drive and add a password on the same. This will help you if you want to lock the drive with password. The drive is now configured. You can see a few options on the screen which you can select if you want or just refresh the browser. You can then see the main page of this hard drive from where you can modify the settings.

WD MyPassport Hard Drive

Once you are done with the configuration launch WD MyCloud App. It will detect the drive in the network. Select the same and done. You can now access all the stored files, videos, audio, etc from the drive on your Smartphone or tablet.