Thread: How to share internet connection through WiFi on Windows 7

How to share internet connection through WiFi on Windows 7

You have a broadband internet connection at your home which is connected to a Windows 7 laptop. And you want to share the same with others. You can do with the help of wifi and a application called as Connectify. This application which make your pc a wifi sharing device.

Step 1: Enable the Wireless Network Card in your Windows 7 Laptop. Go in Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections. Right click on the wireless network and activate it.

Windows 7 Internet sharing

Step 2: Download and install Connectify application in your pc. . If an update is available, do it. Once the update has been downloaded, the installation is identical to previous one. Then restart the program.

Connectify  Internet sharing

Re: How to share internet connection through WiFi on Windows 7

Step 3: Follow the onscreen wizard to enable wifi hotspot. Provide a name for your wireless connection which will be visible in other devices. Click on Next Add a password to protect your wifi network from unauthorized access. Once done share your internet connection.

Connectify InternetSharingConnectify Internet Sharing

Step 4:You are now the owner of your own Wi-Fi WPA2-type DSK issue. This is accessible from the list of wireless networks Network and Sharing Center, do not forget to provide the password to the people you want to share the connection.

My son has a PC in his room, about 3 rooms away,his modem transmits wifi signal but it does fully come into my living room.signal is about 2 star n it jumps to 3 .do I need a wifi adaptor, or repeater or something else.pl guide me
    So that I can view Indian movies of yester years.

Quote Originally Posted by JPSoni View Post
    My son has a PC in his room, about 3 rooms away,his modem transmits wifi signal but it does fully come into my living room.signal is about 2 star n it jumps to 3 .do I need a wifi adaptor, or repeater or something else.pl guide me
    So that I can view Indian movies of yester years.
    How long is the distance between your room or and you sons room. I would recommend you to get a kind of router that could give network connectivity options to farther places. You can choose from either ASUS RT-N12HP Router or ASUS RTN66U ROUTER which gives you the same option. You can also read reviews of this same products from below link:

http://www.techarena.in/review/25672...2hp-router.htm
    http://www.techarena.in/video/256569...xing-video.htm