Thread: Alice Madness Returns Troubleshooting guide

Alice Madness Returns Troubleshooting guide

Alice Madness Returns is a game which has been recently released and it is but obvious that the game which has recently released will be having some common issues with it. now the good news is that the new version of the game has obviously surpassed the original game with better artistic beauty and attractive gameplay elements.

There is also a possibility that many of them will come up with some of the problems while playing the game and hence to counter attack such issues I have started this thread and I am sure that it will be of great help for you. so do check it out for the solutions of the most common problems that does occur here.

1 Alice Madness Returns Freezes on Xbox 360

Many of the users have come over here asking for the solutions. What they say is that the game freezes even after playing in the Xbox 360, so a big deal!

Solutions
    However the solution to solve the problem is that try running the game off disc. It is observed that those users who store the game in the hard drive of the console they do get to see the freezing of the game. That’s what the problem is.
    Some users are having problem with the disk spinning issues they are experiencing some weird sound in the disk spinning of the game. Well a fix for the problem has not yet come I will make sure that I will update the same here itself.

2 Alice Madness Returns Surround Display Tweak – 3D

Users complain that while playing the game they get to see the notice menu squashed in center these happens especially when the game is run in the tri resolution mode. Even in the worst case the menu is not to be seen at all, these happens with the both the ati as well as the nvidia users. So here is the fix for the problem

Solution

You need to tweak the Alice.ini file so that you will be able to get the perfect solution for the problem. So for that go to the following location that I am giving you here AliceGame\Config\AliceEngine. Ini and from there you need to change the screen resolution and keep it as the desired one. The most recommended solution for you is
    ResX=6000
    ResY=1080
    If you are thinking of improving the fps rate then you will have to do the tweaking stuff there as well set the MaxSmoothedFrameRate to 60 and keep the option of UseVsync as false. Do that much and see you will notice the difference.

Re: Alice Madness Returns Troubleshooting guide

3 Alice Madness Returns Mouse Spinning, Cursor Movement

Well the problem of automatic mouse movement has also been noticed the automatic movement of the cursor have been noticed and it has been said that the movement of the cursor is mostly towards the top left of the screen.

Solutions

See the simple solution for the problem is that you need to unplug all the devices that you have attached to the system, close the game and reboot the system, then again start the game now jotice if there is any difference now. All the usb attached devices do that thing and hence it is better that you unplug and better start it again.

4 Alice Madness Returns Controls Problem

You might be experiencing small problem with the controls some buttons of the keyboard as well as the mouse may turn unresponsive. This case when it happens in the middle of the mission it is really a terrible situation for any of the game lovers.

Solutions

The main source of the problem has been said to be the third party applications or the controllers that we attach to the system. so better stay out of it. if you have any third party controller attached to the system then make sure that you unplug the system and then restart the game again, that will be of definite help for you. so you must give a try for the same.

5 Alice Madness Returns Auto Save Corrupted

Many of the users do complain that their last session game was not saved and hence you tend to lose the entire level or the entire mission sometimes. When you face this kind for situation it is really a terrible scene and hence you do have to deal with the situation like this.

Solution

See there is a very simple solution for the problem. You have to make sure that when you get started with the game you have to ensure that you are saving progress manually at the start of each chapter. That’s what I am saying here so do have a look at that and I am quite sure you will be able to get the perfect solutions for the same.

6 Alice Madness Returns Has Stopped Working

It has been noticed that the game does gets stopped and does not open at all.

Solutions

Many of them d relate the problem to the graphic card issue and all. Just run the game as windowed. Otherwise do one thing just do a simple uninstalling of the game and then re install the game again. Do try both the suggestions and that will be perfect for you.
    Now you will be wondering how to ply the game windowed for that try the simple solution that I have given here
    i) Go to the following location Game\Alice2\Engine\Config
    ii) Now Open up BaseEngine.ini in any text editor.
    iii) Look for Fullscreen=True and change it to Fullscreen=False.
    iv) Now save the game and then start the game again. That is your windowed mode.

7 Alice Madness Returns Crashes on Playstation 3

Crashing of the game in the console gaming has been quite commonly heard and hence I want to make a separate solution for the ps3 as well.

Solutions
    Select the PS button with that you will enter the PLAYSTATION 3 XBM, now go to the user tab and make a new account and then enter the X button. Now enter the name of the account and then enter the account name, then load the game.

8 Alice Madness Returns Sound Bug
    Well you may face some issue with the sound while playing the game.

Solution
    Now the common solution for the problem is that change the sound settings and run it in the stereo settings. That will be beneficial for you.
    So do look at the solutions I hope that this will prove to be beneficial for you. that’s it from my side. I hope you all like it.

Let me tell you that this is one amazing guide that i have come across, so thanks a lot for giving such information on that. I did get some of the problems solved looking at this one, i recommend this to everyone to have a look at.