Thread: How to Activate Single Site License for Tally.ERP 9

How to Activate Single Site License for Tally.ERP 9

On successfully installing Tally.ERP 9 Silver or Gold Edition on your computer, you can now proceed to activate a Single Site license for the first time. To activate the single site license it is necessary to have the Administrative Rights or essentially login as an Administrator, in the activation form provide the required License Serial Number and Activation Key and your valid E-Mail ID.

On selecting the Activate License option in the Startup screen the Activate License form appears as shown:

• Enter the Serial Number to activate the regular/perpetual license or the Promotional Key to activate promotional rental license in the Serial Number/Promotional Key field

* Serial Number: A nine digit unique number printed on the Tally.ERP 9 CD Box and the Installation Guide which is provided on purchasing the perpetual or regular license of Tally.ERP 9 Silver or Gold editions.
    * Promotional Key: Is a unique alpha-numeric string provided to the each Tally Partner. It is necessary to enter the promotional key only, to activate the promotional rental license. Activate Promotional License

• Enter the activation key printed on Installation Guide in the Activation Key field
    • Enter the required E-Mail ID in E-Mail ID of Administrator
    • For the purpose of confirmation re-enter the E-Mail ID once again in Repeat (E-Mail ID of Administrator)

A unique account identification is created using the E-Mail Id provided and the license serial number is linked to the account. The License Key, Password and Account related information are mailed to the E-Mail Id provided in the activation form.

Press Enter to activate a Single Site License.

Tally.ERP 9 searches for the availability of Internet Connectivity on your computer. On successfully finding the internet connection the system proceeds to activate the license online which is explained in Online Activation section.

On detecting any one of the issues/errors listed below while searching for an Internet connection on your computer, Tally.ERP 9 provides the user with the possible solution for the issue/error. The user needs to resolve the issue/error and proceed to activate the license using the online mode. In case the issue or error remain unresolved, the user needs to activate the license using the offline method.

Re: How to Activate Single Site License for Tally.ERP 9

Issues/Errors detected while searching for the Internet Connection

• Internet connectivity is not established/not working/unavailable.
    • Outbound connectivity is blocked
    • Invalid entry in the hosts file
    • Connection Time Out
    • Connection Refused
    • Network is disabled
    • Could not find the IP Address
    • Sending / Receiving failed

Re: How to Activate Single Site License for Tally.ERP 9

Online Activation

Tally.ERP 9 displays the following message indicating the activation request has been processed.

• The Tally_lck.lic file is generated and resides in the default Tally.ERP9 folder

In order to get the license, the locked license file has to be unlocked by providing the License Key which is emailed to the Email ID provided. To unlock the license file you can proceed to the section titled Procedure to Unlock License File

Offline Activation

• Tally.ERP 9 displays a Connection Error screen containing the Error Code and System Error Code along with the Reasons for Failure, Possible Solutions and What to do now? (Actions).

• Select Continue in Offline mode
    • A message indicating the Offline Activation Request file tally_req.lic has been Created Successfully! appears. The license request file titled tally_req.lic is generated and stored in the default Tally.ERP9 folder.
    • Copy the tally_req.lic file onto a pen drive/CD and paste the file into the Tally.ERP9 folder on a computer that is connected to the Internet and Tally.ERP 9 installed. Here Tally.ERP 9 could be running in Licensed or Educational mode.
    • Start Tally.ERP 9 on this computer
    • The Startup screen appears

• Select Send External Request and press Enter
    • Tally.ERP 9 displays a message Offline Response File Tally_resp.lic Generated Successfully. The Tally_lck.lic is created and stored in the default Tally.ERP 9 directory.
    • The Unlock License Key to activate the Tally.ERP 9 license and the Password are emailed separately to the email id provided in the activation form.
    • Copy Tally_resp.lic and paste it to the to the default Tally.ERP9 folder of the computer where Tally.ERP 9 needs to be activated.
    • Start Tally.ERP 9
    • Proceed to section titled Procedure to Unlock License File

or

• Try to resolve the issues shown with possible solutions and continue activating the license in online mode

trouble in activation of tally.erp 9...

Dear sir/madam,
    i have installed the tally.erp 9 software. but i cannot activate the license. i gave serial number and activation key which is copied from your websites. but it shows me that "INCORRECT ACTIVATION KEY".
    so, please help me to activate the license.
    thank u so much sir...

Re: trouble in activation of tally.erp 9...

Quote Originally Posted by mahakn93 View Post
    Dear sir/madam,
    i have installed the tally.erp 9 software. but i cannot activate the license. i gave serial number and activation key which is copied from your websites. but it shows me that "INCORRECT ACTIVATION KEY".
    so, please help me to activate the license.
    thank u so much sir...
    That serial key was purchased by the user who had posted this guide. It will only work for him and nobody else since he has purchased the software legally. If you want to use tally.erp 9 then you will have to purchase the serial key also and then you can activate your Tally software with the same key. Hope this helps