Thread: Installing Busybox on Micromax Andro A60 Andriod Phone

Installing Busybox on Micromax Andro A60 Andriod Phone

Installing Busybox on Micromax Andro A60 Andriod Phone
    In order to install Busybox, your android device should be rooted.
    Root your android device first by the method posted here : How to Root Micromax Andro A60 Android Phone
    Alternate rooting method below method :
    This method works for the phones which has physical keyboard attached to the phone.

• Restart your Android Phone.
    • When your phone starts up completely, press "Enter" key twice, then type "telnetd" and then again press "Enter".
    • Now telnetd command starts the telnet daemon on your Android device and your device acts as a telnet server.
    • Download an Android Telnet client, which can be easily downloaded from Android Market.
    • Connect the android telnet client to the telnet daemon.
    • Type address as "localhost"
    • Now have root access to your phone!
    • Other method if to root the device if you have Android SDK and adb installed.
    • You can tell adb to forward a private port on your linux based android host to a port on the same phone. This will also let you root without having to install terminal on your android phone.
    • On your phone close everything and come to Home Screen and press "Enter" and press 1 key [number 1] twice and then again type "telnetd" and again press Enter, then on your desktop computer open command prompt and navigate to Android SDK's Tools folder and type the following command :

Code:
      adb forward tcp:9988 tcp:23

telnet localhost 9988
      If ADB doesn't find your phone then you need to turn on USB Debugging Mode on your Android phone.
    • On your Android go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development and now check USB Debugging option.
    • Again connect the USB cable and open notifications. Check if is shows that USB Debugging mode is detected.
    • Installing BusyBox
    • Firstly you will need busybox tweaked for android devices. Download the tweaked busybox image from this link : Download Busybox
    • Now we will have to remount file-system as read-write so that we can make changes to it.
    • Use the following command to remount the file-system as read-wrte:

Code:
      mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    • Now unzip the busybox file that is downloaded to android's Memory card.
    • Now copy th busybox file to device at /system/bin/busybox location.
    • Use the following command to copy busybox to android :
      Code:
      dd if=/sdcard/download/busybox of=/system/bin/busybox
    • Now we need permissions to run the busybox installer. Lets change the permission on busxbox file. Run the following command to change the busybox permission :

Code:
      chmod 4755 /system/bin/busybox
    • Now navitage to the folder where busybox is copied. Use the following command :

Code:
      cd /system/bin/
    • Now lets give cp permissions to busybox, which is used for creating symlinks. Do it by executing the following command :
      Code:
      busybox cp -s busybox cp
    • Now finally lets install busybox by running the busybox installer shell script. Run the following command :

Code:
      ./busybox --install /system/xbin
    • You will not need to establish component more symlinks if you vivacity on installing moiety half-formed JF look up as he has done this owing to you.
    • One more alternate method to install Busybox on your android :
    • Connect your phone to the desktop computer and make sure USB Debugging is on.
    • Open command prompt and navigate to tools folder placed in Android's SDK folder
    • Now run the following commands one by one to install busybox, make a close note on the device and sure if your device aks for any permission, allow it :

Code:
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    dd if=/sdcard/download/busybox of=/system/bin/busybox
    chmod 4755 /system/bin/busybox
    cd /system/bin/
    busybox cp -s busybox cp
    sh ./busybox –install /system/xbin

Re: Installing Busybox on Micromax Andro A60 Andriod Phone

I had rooted my device and i was not able to use some applications. On inquiring further, i came to know i had to install busybox to make it run properly. I tried a lot of applications that would install busybox for me in my android but nothing helped. Thanks to this tutorial, i installed busybox manually. Now all my root applications work properly. Thanks.