Thread: Pwn iPod Touch with Pwnage Tool

Pwn iPod Touch with Pwnage Tool

I have written because of the many questions yet to release a tutorial for the iPhone and iPod Touch using Pwnage.

Does not support the following devices:

• iPhone 2G
    • iPod Touch
    • iPod Touch 3G

Are supported now:

iPhone 3G
    • ONLY 3G iPhone with old bootrom. When an iPhone has and what with old Bootrom jailbreak Spirit was not, you can create a custom firmware and then the iPhone import.
    • iPhones have a new Bootrom may NOT use the Pwnage Tool 4.

iPhone 3G
    • If you are on 3.1.2 (and not a jailbreak with Spirit), you can create a custom firmware, the iPhone into recovery or DFU mode and then go install it.
    • For a completely new iPhone 3G you can create a custom firmware and with the DFU mode on the iPhone to install.
    • If you have firmware 3.1.3 and installed and is still jailbreak, it's very easy to get stuck in recovery mode. If that happens, just restore the original firmware and then use the custom firmware or equal to Redsn0w jailbreak

iPod Touch 2G
    • If you have an iPod Touch (no MC model), which is jailbreak(not spirit), it can be with the custom firmware or restore Redsn0w use.
    • Original firmware download
    • iPhone 3G
    • iPhone 3G
    • iPod Touch

Instructions:

1. Pwnage Tool mount and open.
    2. Select your iPhone or iPod Touch, and since we are freaks, we select the top expert mode.
    3. Now you'll have to select your firmware. If iTunes has already downloaded it then it is automatically displayed here and you must then select only firmware 4.0. Should you have loaded the firmware manually down then you can manually select it. Go to the folder where is the firmware and select it.
    4. Now we come to the surface where we can configure some of our firmware. We choose here, General, and then click Next (right arrow below).

General Settings

Activate iPod Touch: Please select if your iTouch does not have iTunes can be enabled. So here's an official, all the iTouch hackers have take away. It's nothing if you let him! Baseband update (only the 2G iTouch will show, 3G) users ignore (!). Size of the root partition: How much memory do you want programs from Cydia and Icy give? (Individual) Boot udder settings (Note: If the 2G only displayed, user ignore 3G!). If this here a Unlock wish (again when possible! 2G ONLY) then you let the menu in the top chopped off as.

Cydia settings
    • You can you possibly select the same packages directly and immediately add sources to Cydia. Simply click through to the bottom right.
    • You can now select whether you ICY on Cydia and iTouch want to have. The installer you are, in part, as the AppStore and hacks can install additional software.

Logo settings

1. You can here your own boot logo and recovery mode Select Logo. There must be a PNG file with 320x480 pixels and max. 100kb in size.
    2. Now we're almost done. Now we click here to select the Create button and then click Next.
    3. Choose a location where the custom firmware 3.1 (custom firmware) to be stored. Please take note that this path.
    4. Now is your firmware and you have created then your admin password yet.
    5. install their own firmware
    6. iTouch have already been processed Pwnage tool to have in the Recovery Mode:iPhones do not have to edit are in DFU mode.
    7. If it worked, you get a message and iTunes will open (otherwise iTunes open yourself and wait until the iTouch is detected). With the newer Macbook / Pros can it be that the DFU mode does not work. Should you have the custom firmware but recorded before, then the recovery mode does work!
    8. holding down Alt and click on Restore.
    9. Choose your custom IPSW from which we created previously. (Photo below shows FW 3.0, we'll take 3.1, we have created earlier. It is just an old photo!)
    10. The iPod Touch Unlock
    11. Your device will restart after the process is jailbreak. Cydia on your home screen can now find, now of Unlock :
    12. Set up a connection to the Internet (Settings - WiFi!)
    13. Open Cydia and let it install all updates first, Cydia will close shortly
    14. Open Cydia again and add the source [replacer_a], add URL ultrasn0w.com
    15. Go to search and search ultrasn0w
    16. Install ultrasn0w

Re: Pwn iPod Touch with Pwnage Tool

Well I am using the iPhone4G and bow I want some information regarding the same. Because the tools mentioned by you in the above post is not useful to me. So what I want from you is that just let me know any other tools that will allow me to jailbreak the iPhone 4G that I am using. Any help regarding this issue will be appreciated.