Thread: How to Play Squad-based FPS Games with Good Resolution

How to Play Squad-based FPS Games with Good Resolution

This guide will show how to improve your FPS of your game whatever you play and some recommended game also. These games will help you to set these optimum settings if you do not have such game. And in general, in a LAN, or we play games like Starcraft RTS, or FPS genre Unreal Tournament. Personally, I always had a little trouble to really enjoy the first LAN, because too often unbalanced. They generally require a lot of practice (impossible to play as a noob), and only the winner really takes pleasure in final. The FPS meanwhile are more open, and although the final score was shabby, there will enjoyed the champion down with a stray bullet while we were testing only the proper left click. If you have not yet had the opportunity to get started, your reaction time is close to a minute, or your frags counter remains hopelessly stuck at zero, the tips below will help you to shine as in society.

The basic principle is simple: Most people think that man is profoundly good. Enjoy, and abusing their native by use of your unfailing bad faith. After a crushing defeat, for example pretend not to know the map, or better, the map is "crap". That does not mean much, but invoke an outside agency to explain your defeat will go more smoothly. In the same vein, load your gear from all evils. After all, a LAN is a bit of camping game.

If however it is not enough, you have the ultimate scapegoat, I named: THE PING. Ping is a bit the perfect murder weapon because something is its value (lower or higher than those of your cronies), it can always serve you justifies that you do not touch it. Certainly much less significant than the net LAN, however it should get you out of many not bad. Even applying this brilliant advice, it is possible that your ego takes a blow to every defeat. In order to spare, follow the few tips for the next paragraph that will help you also to taste the joys of victory.

No secret, for a chance to win when you're a big whack, you have to play like a rat, the basic premise is: whatever is allowed by the game you are allowed (translation: the crapper the code Honorary gamer). Do not hesitate to abuse the camp, any record of the game does not. Similarly, focus on long-distance type sniper weapons (weapons that you obviously picked up on an enemy before keep your money for better things), which allow you to touch without being harassed. Another simple and effective method to move up in ranking your team is hurt / hinder / cripple by inadvertence teammates. Pull into the crowd, stay back, and swing a small pomegranate (at time of launch, shout with conviction shit) Story hurt your friends just what it takes for them to lightly touch the enemy before die (this technique is also called in the middle to the garbage collector).

A typical example of implementation of our advice: Early in the game, pretend to go in the wrong direction, Then turn around to follow your teammates, which they will hit the front line. Once close to the opposing team, swing a little flash grenade which blinded the whole company (say with conviction: But what is the idiot who, you use your best friend like a bulletproof vest legged, and sprinkle it all.

In the best case, your score back very quickly. And even if your number of frags remained an abysmal despite all your good will, be sure that your pathetic behavior will soon tire of your partners who prefer to leave the party to opt for more games in your strings.

RivaTuner

Installing RivaTuner is simplistic and is safe for your machine. RivaTuner is a tweak, to make overclocking, regulate your game, but also to change your current settings and parameters. RivaTuner also provides a tool to update your registry (very useful after multiple installations of drivers). You need a high resolution screen type or equivalent to the HD 1600X1200. Lower resolutions will get a gain of fps, but will have a very pixilated image, you can try any time.

How it works

The graphics of video games use two functions that many of you know. The anti-aliasing anti-aliasing, this function is intended to smooth the edges of objects to delete as its name indicates the aliasing of 3D models. However, this feature improves the image, makes more blurring in the deep! In reality, anti-aliasing blur the image in its entirety, but the textures on the depth is reduced, the image becomes easier. This comes the anisotropic filter. In the combination of two elements, anti aliasing and anisotropic, the picture becomes clear. However, anti aliasing and anisotropic filter consume considerable resource to the GPU. On some series of video card, 8X filter and 8X anisotropic reduced the number of fps for 3 or even 4 times.

Re: How to Play Squad-based FPS Games with Good Resolution

Some Tips

According to this reasoning, I thanks to a function of RivaTuner inverted the logic of video card manufacturers. Imagine that we can suddenly improve the accuracy of textures! To the point or the image becomes pixilated. And that instead of applying anisotropic filter should be cheated image to get something clear. Well, with this reasoning that I could apply an antiliasing 2X with my GF8800 GTS and relief by delete anisotropic filtering. The final result and the image seems clearer and more but you get a gain of up to 10 fps-15fps in some places with bloom enabled.

Install RivaTuner
    • In Driver settings: ForceWare Detected > Click Customize
    • I suggest you clean your registry and restart if you did not do so: Click the icon and you can play with the blue cubes
    • Click the second icon: DirectDraw and Direct3D
    • A second window opens titled Direct3D tweaks.
    • Setting RivaTuner:
    • In the first tab Mipmapping
    • Hover-mipmap LOD bias adjustment on -1.5
    • Clear negative mipmap old bias clamp
    • Check Enable use mipmaps

This feature aims to reduce the size of textures, which will Pixelate image
    • In the tab Intellisample
    • Drag the texture on high quality which is placed by default on quality by the manufacturer!
    • Uncheck the trilinear filter optimization

For these settings you do not need to reboot. You can even change during the game by reducing the window.
    • Setting parameters in the game
    • In video options, Basic:
    • There must be absolutely anti-aliasing. 2X is the minimum, more if you put a video card more powerful.
    • If you have a GF8 and a dual core, you can turn the bloom! Not allowed for those with AMD
    • In video options, Advanced:
    • Shader 3.0 for GF8 + dual core (or SLI GF6 example)

Disable shadow
    • Distance-high resolution display 100% if you have 4GB of ram, and 75% if you have 2 or less.
    • Distance-display qualities soil 256m (especially do not touch this option)
    • And finally, put the filter on an anisotropic
    • Do apply then OK to confirm the settings.

Squad based games are group playing games and the best example for that is Counter Strike. Anyhow whatever multiplayer game you play you might face a low fps issue and that will hamper your team performance. It is imperative to remove all mouse acceleration. With it you cannot have regular movements. Indeed, the distance you need to do a 360 in the game will be different at any time. With the same distance at another time, you will be 100 ° or 270 °. This inevitably limits the potential of the player. My settings are based on Counter Strike game but all works well for other game also.

The best way to ensure there is no acceleration is to uninstall your mouse driver, then go to the Windows Control-click (Control Panel> Mouse) and uncheck "Improving precision of a mouse. However there remains a residual acceleration in Windows, very difficult to remove. For this, use the CPL mousefix. This is a file changing some lines in your Windows registry. Unzip the file below, double click the. Reg file and say yes to everything. Remember that to happen to the acceleration of the mouse is the most difficult change to accept when one is accustomed to, but it is the best way to improve.

Adjusting Mouse Properties in Windows

When I see people list their mouse settings, many players actually inflict on themselves a big disadvantage. Windows has a slider to adjust the pointer speed, but that does not mean that players should use it. The reason is that changing a setting here can never alter the DPI of a mouse has or does not. If you move the slider one notch, in fact, your mouse will jump of pixels. Lose precision of pixels, it cannot be compensated by having an adjustable sensitive in the game the same way, the cursor goes back to spoil the DPI of your mouse, requiring you to have a sense less precise in-game.

At the highest step of the cursor, the mouse will skip a pixel out of two. If you open MS Paint, use the pencil and made a circular motion, you will notice that the curves are very choppy, like the teeth of a saw blade. Similarly, if you pull the slider, even a notch, you will then have two different meanings and your mouse will move more slowly to the left, and faster to the right. It's probably even worse. So keep the default cursor, that is to say the sixth hole in the middle and it will not affect the mouse information, and you will IPR indicated on the box with your mouse. It may take you time to get used to, but you have to live with that.

There are similar problems with monitoring under Windows x64, but not quite as pronounced. For example, if you increase the sensitivity, you always saw teeth, but not as much as you do not start to slower movements in Paint. When you change the sensitivity is almost impossible to see but if you do the exercise loop, the cursor falls slowly in the lower left corner after about a minute. So we can say 100% that the sensitivity is different in direction (faster towards the bottom left). I tested this carefully with my mice. Even starting in the middle left of my mouse pad, where I have nowhere to go in this direction, the cursor still takes this direction and slowly drifts to the left. It is not as pronounced in Windows x64, but my recommendation is still valid: Use the sixth hole. And there is no formula to convert the different sensitivities in Windows because I do not know the value scales used by the operating system.

Sensitivity

Here's a little solution about the sensitivity in Windows. It was made from a Windows XP x32bits, it may apply to older versions, but I have not had the opportunity to test. You remember what I said about the fact that the best sensitivity was the 6th level. This is because the information you send to the mouse remains relatively unchanged and generally relate to a ratio of 1:1 with the movements of the cursor on the screen. Every advanced than did the mouse, the cursor moves one pixel on the screen with the setting to 6. But with a setting of 8 for example, the cursor moves by 2 pixels. On the other hand, with a setting of 4, the cursor ignores any other information, so the mouse moves by 2 pixels to move the cursor one pixel.

And we want motion information of the mouse that is not affected by a "scaling" [from Windows]. For this, use the sixth hole, clear improvements in the precision of the pointer and using a patch to disable the residual acceleration of Windows (like CPL mousefix Section 1.1). Here are some illustrations of how Windows alters the pointer speed. The figure on the left is the number of pixels which your mouse moves relative to the number of pixels carried by the cursor on the screen. The ideal ratio of 1:1 is of course (the movement of the mouse is exactly equal to the movement of the pointer).

Mouse Drivers

If you have not installed or if you have uninstalled the drivers for your mouse, you can skip this section. First, I recommend not installing the drivers for most mice. I'll just briefly explain how to optimize the settings for those who did. The above settings usually have little or no effect on these systems. First, make sure you have disabled mouse acceleration.
    Most of the problems mentioned above also apply here. The harsh reality is that increasing the pointer speed or sensitivity in the control panel of your driver you will not exceed the physical capabilities of your mouse in terms of IPR. If you try to increase your speed of mouse artificially, it actually goes faster, but thanks to a kind of acceleration and you get a faster response time when the mouse reaches its design speed, but until a certain point, the point where it accelerates and becomes nonlinear. I tested this phenomenon myself with Logitech SetPoint the mouse has an acceleration one notch with more speed, and without native acceleration enabled.

So my advice to the default settings in the middle. I know it is quite possible with SetPoint, MouseWare IntelliMouse and to have the perfect setting without interfering Windows settings, by acceleration or idling. Slow speed is even less advisable for people playing with a large screen or high resolution. This will greatly affect the entries in the driver, and you will have more regularity (proportionality) when you change direction in-game.

Re: How to Play Squad-based FPS Games with Good Resolution

Deals USB or PS / 2

Most mice include a USB / PS / 2 when you buy them. So the question is what the best port is. And there is none. PS / 2 are the standard interface that has been around forever, so that USB is newer. The default rate of USB is 125Hz, 100Hz cons for the PS / 2. So if you overclockers nothing, you go 25% faster with USB, and you may or may not feel the difference. Now I'll just list some negative and positive points of each interface. Try both and see which you prefer.
    • You release a USB port (useful if your PC does not have much).
    • If you overclock your PS / 2, affects only the mouse.
    • Overclock a PS / 2 are a bit easier than a USB port.
    • Mice on a PS / 2 cannot be disconnected while the computer is on.
    • Performance at 100Hz is really low, without any modification.
    • It is often impossible to overclock the port at high speed.
    • Sometimes the buttons under the wheel and the 5 main buttons cannot work without the driver.
    • Some optical mice do not disable their sensor even if you turn the computer off (wear and waste of electricity).
    • USB port
    • USB ports are a little faster by default and can be overclocked up to 1000Hz.
    • Shall be extinguished along with the computer.
    • If the mouse is specifically designed for USB most features will work only with the Windows driver.
    • The new generation overclocks the mouse ports automatically to 500Hz or 1000Hz.
    • Overclock your USB ports will affect all devices using this port, which can cause problems if some prioritize between them cannot afford such a speed.
    • Overclock a USB port requires a little more time and knowledge for the PS / 2.
    • Some PCs have only 2 or 4 USB ports.

Problems on FPS

Is done, is testing whether the game runs smoothly on the LAN, because we need to test whether the problem has something to do with the Net settings not. These can be simple de_aztec against a few bots to gamble, because this additional burden upon the CPU, but also bring a little originality. If the game here liquid, it can often be a problem Net settings. Unfortunately, I skip the topic because Netsettings are seen extremely subjective (connection, next intersection et cetera) and I am working less so.

Counter Strike offers no large graphic delights. Nevertheless, caution is that you never in Direct 3D mode ripped off! This mode should never, even in OpenGL 3Dfx Mini Driver select the. Furthermore, one gets a theoretical increase in FPS when you switch to lower resolutions. To 8oo x 6oo in each game, the advantage is noticeable. Add an extra burden comes from the sound. The more qualitative it is set, the more the CPU will be charged additionally. I therefore recommend the options High Quality Sound, Enable A3D harwdare support and Enable EAX hardware support to disable or not be crossed. If the problem still on the LAN and the internet, it goes on with Windows and settings.

Well, in the HL engine almost everything depends on the fps. Netsettings useless if it has no constant 100fps, as the engine, the transmission automatically synchronized with the fps to allow for a smoother game. Does that mean that cl_updaterate 101 only the maximum and can be exploited only if the netgraph 99-100fps is. In low-fps suffers the example of our Recoil, the crosshair goes along more slowly and thus often results in the familiar sense of impenetrable. The entire game suffers from the feeling, therefore, are essential for a full 100 fps game. First, the graphics performance of CS is of course dependent on the hardware.

It happens that some people with relatively poor PC perform better than people with better computers. Generally to say so that the performance in game not only by the pure hardware-dependent, but also full of your system. Therefore, a computer with many programs in the background, and not defragmented is always slower than a computer on which we have installed windows, CS, and the most important programs.
    Many people report that even rich Geforce2 cards, which confirms this.

Generally, of course, not that one just buy a good CPU and thus the problem is solved when the system is generally too outdated. But if you have a balanced system and upgrade considering which component would be, I would usually recommend a CPU to buy. Of course, I can now have a very long list of tips to come, but that's not the point, but I limit myself to the most effective and simplest. For now that's Topic is an ideal start, although once again I'll work on that topic in the near future. So I can save myself and my scribbling long and have to deal with only a few points.

Earlier I have already addressed and summarize the idea here now again. Many users and gamers had been an antivirus program running in the background, etc. as a problem for your FPS fluctuations. Therefore, the following requirement if the problem still exists always does everything in programs in the background! Whether IRC, ICQ, a RAM optimizer, a firewall, an antivirus program and out! EVERYTHING! If the RAM and the CPU is not constantly influenced by outside things, you've already made the biggest step towards stable frames.

Virus scanner up to date quickly bring the post goes up and down with the scan! If not found, it is already very good. Also good protection is Ad Aware, offer easy to install and can scan for spyware. Now there is the Task Manager. Above it has already been used to set the CPU priority, now it goes on. Manual, one should never engage in the task manager, you may be able to shoot important system programs and the system has first time, has gone

Some Recommended Games for Squad Based FPS Game

Battlefield 2142 –
    Battlefield 2142 on PC is a shooter first-person staging a global conflict between the European Union and the Pan Asian Coalition. Within futuristic environments and armed with a devastating arsenal, the player and his teammates must win control points to win tickets to weaken the opposing team and win. All Battlefield games have been affected by maintenance work - first of all you get in Battlefield 1943, Battlefield 2142, and Bad Company Bad Company 2 1 or not at all more into the game. Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam also make some problems, because you can often see a server in the server browser.

Continuation of the popular multiplayer shooter. The events of the new part of the series occur in about 150 years after the events of the previous one. Of the many environmental disasters in the world took a new Ice Age, and survived the remnants of humanity to war for the possession of territory suitable for the continuation of life. To help them - the mass of technology, impressive graphics and dynamic gameplay. However, on these points of doubt and so nobody was.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 –

Bad Company 2 by Digital Illusions offers for the first time in a Battlefield PC game a single player mode. But our PC test shows that the accessory is excessive. Bad Company 2, however brilliant in the standard discipline of the series, the brilliant multiplayer battles. The tank can be filled by 3 people. The driver, a shooter and an extra man for the main gun. Because the NVA not really had an AA weapon available Tanks play an important role in the mobile air defense.

The play with the tank design is a little different in BF: Vietnam-BC2, because there is no AddOn attached anti-tank weapons are or tracer. There are, therefore, by default more infantry units reside in the tanks to mix it with TNT or unguided RPG's off. The battle takes place just more concentrated. In addition, the NVA tank was slightly revised and is not provided as in reality an "open" MG gun. That would hurt the MP game balance, because the gunner can then be easily switched off with a head shot. So get the NVA tank gunner a domed cover (which is on top of the image does not look like much).

BioShock & BioShock 2

There will be a before and after BioShock. Brilliant, superbly crafted, intelligent, the title of Irrational Games is a real experience, which gradually turns into a playful world is among the most wanted and most compelling ever made. Marrying the most beautiful way that it is the gameplay and storytelling, this is one of those titles is expected as the Messiah and who, not content to embody the crystallization of the expectations of many players, manages to exceed them with skill. A masterful achievement.

BioShock finally suffers its very construction, the wealth of the world calling for the creation of more role-play how Oblivion . Ambitious but perhaps not enough, 2K we certainly delivers a solid and immersive experience, but also frustrating. The levels are quite extensive, but the course of the adventure turns out perfectly linear, with even some slight vacuum passages and the side missions are as rare as the days when Alex manages to stay sober.

Borderlands

In Borderlands everything goes on Pandora, nothing to do with Avatar, except that he is a distant planet settled long ago. Since there is a company developed but slowly everything starts to peanut on this planet. Part of the settlers gathered to exploit the wealth leaving the other party in misery. It then includes a lot of bandits. The review reveals attraction to settlers a treasure to the powers and extraordinary wealth. Unfortunately everyone who views this treasure is destroyed by a force protection, leading to the creation of a myth around this treasure.

Upon arrival our heroes are the meeting of the Guardian Angel. The image of a woman whose voice makes them aware of their destiny and ordered them to leave in search of the famous treasure. That voice will guide them throughout the adventure so well that the little robot Clap Trap.
    Other Recommended Games :
    • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
    • Counter-Strike: Source
    • Crysis
    • Doom 3
    • Far Cry 2
    • Left 4 Dead 2
    • STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
    • The Orange Box
    • Unreal Tournament III