Thread: Create Windows XP Live Bootable Flash Drive

Create Windows XP Live Bootable Flash Drive

Have you ever thought of creating a Live flash drive? Yeah its possible for almost every Linux based Operating system! Whats new in that..!? Well here we'll talk about creating a Live Flash Drive for Windows XP operating System.

You will need :
    • HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - A freeware and can be easy found.
    • BartPE - Bart's Preinstalled Environment Bootable - Download here
    • Windows XP CD

How to do it? Here we go :
    Install HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
    Format your flash drive with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
    Install BartPE
    Copy the contents of your Windows XP CD to your hard drive
    Run BartPE and select the path where you just dumped the contents of Windows XP

Select the Output Directory where the compiled files must be stored.

If you want to save the ISO of the compiled bootable select the directory to save the image too. Or you can burn the image to CD to make a live Windows XP CD.

Now click on Build. It will then start compiling the Live version of Windows XP

When the compilation is finished open command prompt and navigate to "C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\peinst"

Now Run "peinst.cmd"

Now press 1 and press Enter. Now Enter the path where the compilation is saved : "C:\pebuilder3110a\BartPE"

Now Press 2 and press Enter. Now type the drive letter of your Flash drive : Example : "G:\"

Now press 5 and press enter again press 1 and press Enter. BartPE will now copy the contents to the Flash drive and prepare the flash drive for Bootable and Live Windows XP.

Grab a coffee till BartPE is done.

Reboot your computer and boot from your flash drive...

Have Fun! All the best...!!

Re: Create Windows XP Live Bootable Flash Drive

The capacity of the flash drive is actually a limiting factor however. Surprisingly, however, there are size limits on both the top and bottom. The flash unit cannot be too large or too small. There really is no minimum size to document a flash drive. You just necessitate somewhat large enough keeping Windows XP and some applications. As you almost certainly are acquainted with, Windows XP normally consumes over a gigabyte of disk space. Later I'll show you how to use a free program to trim the excess fat from Windows XP and is much smaller. Still, I recommend that your flash drive at least a minimum of 2GB in size.

idea Re: Create Windows XP Live Bootable Flash Drive

After booting from the windows xp bootable flash drive would I be able to see the hard drive and be able to store information on the hard drive?

Quote Originally Posted by jowin View Post
    After booting from the windows xp bootable flash drive would I be able to see the hard drive and be able to store information on the hard drive?
    Yes, you will be able to see the hard drive and can also store data's on the hard drive hoping that the drive is partitioned and recognizable. If the hard drive is not seen then try going into disk management and try to partition the drive and split the space according to your needs or you can even use a partition software that is freely available on the net.

When you boot with Bootable XP Flash drive you can see a blue menu similar to Windows bootable disc. You can see the partitions and hard drives not the data inside that. If you want that then you will have to create options like LiveCD which are easily available for Linux. There is an different process for that. At first you can try LinuxLive USB Creator to create an Live USB. It is just like having a small operating system in your pen drive which allows you to access your data and files.

i have broblem with boot it isn't boot it.
    what i have to do, i have platinum usb driva (1gb)

What is the actual issue. I will recommend you to use Unetbootin. This tool will help you to create a bootable disc. Second important things your motherboard must support booting for usb. It shows USB or USB-FDD in the bios. You have to press F10 or tab (boot menu by default) and choose the usb to boot from it. If still it is not booting up then there can be some issue with the boot files.

Its awesome option

This is very nice way to Create Windows XP Live Bootable Flash Drive...
    Thanks for sharing the detail of it.

Very nice information here. Moreover as I see, this question is very actual for many people indeed. Personally I totally agree with author opinion about this subject and I think that it would be really interesting to create such discussion with other this website visitors. Anyway thanks a lot one more time for the great and informative publication. And I will definitely be waiting for more such nice entries like this one from you.

This is very nice way to Create Windows XP Live Bootable Flash Drive...
    Thanks for sharing the detail of it.