Thread: career prospect in Actuarial Science

career prospect in Actuarial Science

I am right now studying in FYBSC and have subjects like maths, computer science, chemistry and physics. I am planning to pursue the Actuarial Science but I dont know whether I am supposed to do BSC in Actuarial Science or BSC with Actuarial Science as a subject or else will it be fine to just pursue the BSC.IT and then go for the Actuarial Science papers at the same time. Can anyone tell me how much time will it take to clear all the papers? Also, will this career option financially good compared to a degree in Engineering and MBA? What all institutes offer this Actuarial Science and how to apply for the Entrance Exam and all? Thanks

Re: career prospect in Actuarial Science

The candidates shall have a 10+2 passing certificate if he wants to pursue a graduation in Actuarial Science, it is the basic eligibility for joining this course. Note that the +2 certification should be from any renowned education board in India. After completing the graduation in Actuarial Science candidates get a good job prospects. If they want then they can also start their own consultancy firm as well. Most of the MNC companies also recruit candiates from this field also.

There are many good institutions that a candidate can pursue this course and some of the best ones are Institute of Certified Risk and Insurance Managers, University of Delhi, Actuarial Institute of India, etc. Actuarial Science is one of the rarest course in India and it is also in high demand. You will need to maintain a good percentage of 65% and above throughout all the academics and then only you will have a good chance of getting a job for sure.

First of all you will have to pass HSC or similar with atleast 85% in Mathematics and Statistics. The Graduates or Post Gradutes should have a score of not less than 55% marks in Maths subject. The candidate must be fully qualified members of professional bodies like the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Note that there isnt any fixed duration to complete the course. You will require to clear the Entrance exam and the 15 subjects prescribed. You can also attempt any number of subjects at a time and in any order.