Thread: getting a job after finishing BDS in overseas country

getting a job after finishing BDS in overseas country

Hello,

I have completed my graduation in BDS from India. I wanted to know how can I get a job for BDS in overseas countries like Australia, Canada or UK? I have completed my BDS this year and now I want to apply for a job and settle outside India. What are all the requirements that is needed to be fulfilled for getting a job in the overseas countries. Also, how much a dental student can earn in terms of money. Thanks for any information.

Re: getting a job after finishing BDS in overseas country

I have heard that the Australian Dental Council (ADC) organization looks for assessing overseas trained dentists and they are responsible to for getting registration for them in Australia. This organization also accredits Australian dental schools. If you have completed the BDS then you are eligible to take the ADC examination that includes four years of full time academic study at a university recognized by the ADC.

Once you have completed the BDS course in India then you are eligible to undertake any of the courses offered by the countries that you have mentioned. Once you have cleared that examination then only you will get job in the overseas countries. But in India you can easily find job opportunities as Dental Doctor in different hospitals. You can even get a job in different health card centers as well.

Since you have already cleared BDS, so you can find various job opportunites as a Dental Doctor in hospitals. You can also get good job positions in different health centers. There are also many dental products manufacturing company which offers various job openings. There are also different firms involved in dental care equipment manufacturing that offer rewarding job options. You can collect the details on this jobs from different job portals.

You have passed the BDS and so there are various opportunity for it, I would say try to get some experience first and then try to apply overseas which will be good for you.