Thread: Are there any good career options under Makeup Artist

Are there any good career options under Makeup Artist

My sister is working for a reputed salon from last 3 years. And now she wants to continue here studies for getting more better job. Here I am trying to find out something that can help her to get into the mainstream makeup artist. I tried to look around but it looks that there are not really some good institutions in India that provide nice makeup courses. Whatever I found are provided by private institute. I want to know the scope and the amount of learning that is required to get more better job options.

Re: Are there any good career options under Makeup Artist

There are not college courses for that I think. You can get a good book or you can take admission in some online college that provide you nice amount of makeup courses. There are many online institute which are worth trying. And there you don't have to visit, you just have to follow the books and instructions. You can give online exams and done. You will get a certificate which will always help you in future. Good connections are important if you have to entire in film as a makeup artist.

Experience is one of the major thing in this line. Because as it is linked with film you must have more than one skills. I am quiet sure that will help you more in getting what you are looking for. There is a huge scope here and it always matter with which company you are working. Like if you are working with some less reputed salon then this not going to help you much. You have to go out and struggle enough to get more better career options. For the courses there are colleges which teach about film and editing. There you can get jobs.

If you will go in film industry you will have a better career option as makeup artist but you should have great and some unique skill which will differentiate you from others.